First Day of 8th Grade

Chapter 2

First Day of 8th Grade

7 years had passed since Molly and Libby became best friends. Throughout their friendship together, they had always stood by each others side no matter what! Whenever one of them was sad, the other would always comfort her friend and make her feel better. As the years went by, Molly and Libby were both ready to start their first day of 8th grade.

The sunlight shone through Molly's window before she opened her eyes to see Scratch with a terrifying expression on his face. Instead of being scared, Molly just stared at Scratch with an amused expression.

"Are you still trying to scare me, Scratch?" Molly giggled.

"Hey! I need my practice to impress the Ghost Council!" Scratch pointed out. "I still can't believe that you are going to be starting 8th grade already!"

"Me neither! This is going to be my last year of middle school, and I'm going to make the most of it!" Molly exclaimed.

Suddenly, Molly and Scratch were surprised when a portal to the ghost world appeared out of nowhere. With a roll of his eyes, Scratch decided to go through the portal to see what the Ghost Council wanted this time.

"It looks like the Ghost Council wants me. You just get ready for school, and I'll be back soon!" Scratch announced.

"Okay! Bye, Scratch!" Molly waved goodbye as Scratch was sucked through the portal.

Once she was alone, Molly changed out of her pajamas before getting changed in her white shirt, blue vest, purple skirt, and red and yellow shoes. Her bracelet was the last thing she put on. She made her way over to a nearby desk where her green friendship bracelet laid.

After Molly put it on, she couldn't help but admire it with a smile. It has been 7 years since she and Libby exchanged friendship bracelets and she cherished every moment that they had spent together since then. After everything that they had been through together, Molly knew that she and Libby had a bright future together.

Meanwhile in the ghost world, Scratch was teleported through the portal, where he was face to face with the Ghost Council, which consisted of a green ghost named, Sir Alister, a blue ghost named, Bartholomew, a pale colored ghost named, Lucretia, and a purple ghost named, Grimbella. Standing tall behind them was the ruler of the ghost world, The Chairman. The Chairman was wrapped in a black cloak and had a face that resembled a skull.

Instead of being intimidated by them, Scratch simply stared at the Ghost Council in annoyance. "Hey, is there any reason why you guys dragged me here?"

"We merely want to speak to you about your scare numbers, Scratch!" The ghost named, Grimbella was the first to speak.

"It would appear that you have been slacking in making everyone in Brighton miserable!" said Sir Alister.

"Uh, yeah! I admit, things have been a little slow lately, but I've been working on it!" Scratch explained.

"Then perhaps you should work on it faster!" Lucretia urged, losing her patience with Scratch.

"I don't think we need to remind you what would happen if you fail us." Bartholomew reminded before he and the rest of the Ghost Council brought their attention to The Chairman.

At that moment, The Chairman raised a skeleton-like finger, summoning the Flow of Failed Phantoms right behind Scratch. That was when Scratch felt himself being slowly sucked into the flow as he was desperately clinging to the ground.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Okay! You've made your point! I'll do better!" Scratch promised as the Flow of Failed Phantoms disappeared.

"See that you do!" Sir Alister glared before Scratch was brought back to the human world.