Movie Magic

Chapter 5

Movie Magic

Tonight was movie night for the McGees! They were all excited to watch a horror movie together. Once they were ready, they hit play as the movie began.

Unfortunately for the McGees, they were all bored by the movie. By the time the movie ended, they were just about ready to fall asleep.

"That wasn't even scary! Too many talking heads and not enough severed heads!" Darryl complained, disappointed by what he just saw.

"Yeah! And those ghost stereotypes? Answer me this, Molly! Do I talk like this all the time?" Scratch asked before he made his voice sound spooky. "Get out of the house!"

"Sometimes you do." Molly replied.

"Eh, that's just for effect!" Scratch explained.

"We could probably make a better movie ourselves!" said Darryl.

At that moment, Molly jumped up from her seat as she thought of an idea. "That's a great idea! I mean, we've got a real ghost!"

"I'll do it!" Scratch agreed to be in the movie. "And it'll be the performance of an after- lifetime!"

"So, I'll direct and Darryl can film on his phone! That just leaves the script!" Molly pondered for a moment before she thought of the perfect person to write the script. "Libby should be the one to write it! After all, she loves to write about horror stuff! Libby can do anything!" Molly had a loving look on her face as she happily thought about Libby.

Upon noticing his sister's expression Darryl rolled his eyes in annoyance. After seeing how Molly reacted after Libby kissed her at the softball game, it was obvious to Darryl that Molly is attracted to her best friend and just wished that Molly would confess her feelings already.

After Molly told Libby about her plan to make a horror movie, Libby immediately got to work on writing a script, excited with what she had to write. A few days later, Molly gathered everyone to the softball field, where they got to work on making the movie.

"Libby, your script is incredible! This is going to be an amazing movie!" Molly exclaimed.

"Thanks, Molly! I'm actually surprised you wanted me to help you, especially after what happened at the softball game awhile ago." Libby blushed, still embarrassed from kissing Molly.

Molly blushed as well, but decided not to think about it too much. "Hey, it's okay! You were just excited from winning the game for the Lemmings! Let's just forget about that and focus on making the movie! Which reminds me, we can't have a movie without the star!"

Libby's eyes widened in surprise as she knew exactly who Molly was referring to.

"Me? I don't know. Do you really think I'm good enough to play Angela, the leading role?"

"Of course! I know that you can do it! Besides, who better to bring Angela to life than you, the writer who created her?" Molly pointed out.

Libby took a moment to think about what Molly just said before she started to feel that Molly had a good point. Normally, Libby would feel intimidated from even thinking about being in a movie, but after winning the softball championship in front of a whole crowd, she thought it couldn't be that bad.

"You know what? You're right! It's time that I brought my characters to life!" Libby agreed to be the star.

With that, Molly and the others spent the next couple of moments getting ready to start the movie. They had the cameras ready when Libby stepped forward in her movie attire. The moment Molly noticed Libby, she paused as she gazed at how beautiful Libby looked in her teal colored dress.