Night of Libby's Bat Mitzvah

Chapter 6

Night of Libby's Bat Mitzvah

One bright and sunny day in Brighton, Molly asked Libby to go on a picnic with her. It was all so unexpected for Libby. She didn't know what this was about, but didn't want to seem ungrateful, so she decided to come along.

Libby followed Molly through the grassy fields until they both reached the picnic blanket. There were all kinds of food set up on the blanket, much to Libby's surprise.

"Wow! Molly, did you really do all of this for me?" Libby asked in joy.

"Of course! I wanted this day to be special for you!" Molly explained.

It was at that point when Libby gave Molly a confused look. "For me? I don't understand. Why did you go through all this trouble for me?"

Molly took a deep breath before she was ready to confess her feelings, "Libby, after all that we have been through together, I can't hide my feelings anymore! You have always been by my side no matter what, and I can't imagine my life without you! You see, I love you, Libby Stein-Torres! I have always loved you!"

Surprised by what she heard, Libby placed a hand over her mouth in shock. "Oh, Molly! I have always loved you too! I was just too scared to say anything! You are the best friend I could ever ask for, and you have always been there for me when I needed you! I would be happy to be your girlfriend, I mean, if you want us to be girlfriends, at least." Libby shyly looked away.

It was at that moment, when Molly felt her hearting beating really fast. She never thought that this day would come. In response, Molly took Libby's hands as she and Libby closed their eyes before they were about to kiss. Right when their lips were getting close to one another, Molly suddenly heard an annoying beeping sound.

Startled, Molly woke up from her bed, covered in sweat. Molly looked to her side to realize that the beeping sound was coming from her alarm clock. Annoyed that it was all just a dream, Molly buried herself under her covers before letting out a scream of frustration.

"Hey, would you keep it down! I'm still trying to sleep!" Scratch yelled, annoyed with Molly screaming.

"Sorry, Scratch!" Molly apologized before she got out of bed before getting ready for school.

It was another regular school day for Molly. Throughout the day, Molly kept thinking back to that dream she had about Libby. Whenever she had to sit next to Libby in class, Molly had to look away from her and pretend that everything was fine.

Just when Molly thought her long day of school would never end, the last bell of the day rang, indicating the end of the school day. Molly was about to pack up before Libby approached her desk with an invitation in her hand.

"Hi, Molly! There is something that I wanted to ask you. You know that I am turning 13 on Saturday, right?" Libby asked.

"Of course! I would never forget my bestie's birthday!" Molly replied with a smile.

Libby smiled as well! "Well, I wanted to give you this invitation for that night!" Libby placed the invite on Molly's desk.

"Sweet baby corn! An invitation? I love invitations!" Molly exclaimed.

Libby squealed in joy, clearly just as excited as Molly. "Open it!" She encouraged.

At that moment, Molly opened the invitation as it revealed that Libby was having her Bat Mitzvah on Saturday. Upon seeing this, Molly felt so happy for Libby. After all of Libby's birthday parties that Molly attended over the years, she knew that Libby's Bat Mitzvah was going to be the most exciting.