A Fun Day at the Fair

Chapter 10

A Fun Day at the Fair

A few minutes of unconsciousness had passed before Libby slowly opened her eyes to see Molly with a ghost. Confused, Libby blinked a couple of times to make sure what she was seeing was real.

"Wh-What?"

"Oh, I'm so happy to see that you are now awake, Libby! I was starting to worry! Libby, this is Scratch!" Molly introduced Libby to Scratch. "He loves tacos, napping, and acting grouchy, but really he's a big squishy marshmallow, aren't you bud? You're so squishy!" Molly said as she hugged Scratch.

"Come on! I'm not a toy!" Scratch complained as he tried to get out of the hug.

"And Scratch, this is Libby! She's-"

Molly was about to introduce Libby before Scratch interrupted. "Yeah, obsessed with turtles, lousy at softball, way to deep into conspiracy theories! I'm familiar with the Lib!"

It was hard for Libby to process what she was seeing. Molly was friends with a ghost for all these years, and she had no idea.

Libby then took out her tape recorder once more before speaking into it. "Supernatural theory number 37 confirmed! Ghosts do exist, and they're rude!"

At that moment, Libby was taken by surprise when Molly excitedly hugged her and Scratch at the same time.

"Finally, the truth is out! Now, my two BFFs can be BFFs together!" Molly exclaimed.

Scratch didn't like the idea of being friends with Libby. "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! I do not need or want to be friends with Libby!"

"Same!" Libby added. "I'm very particular with who I let in my friend circle!"

"But, I'm sure there is a way for you two to be friends as well! Maybe I can think of a plan where-"

"No, Molly!" Libby interrupted Molly. "I've known you long enough to know that you would come up with some convoluted plan to force me and Scratch to become friends, so please don't do anything like that!"

Seeing that Libby has had enough of Molly's plans for one day, Molly decided to respect Libby's wishes.

"Okay, Libby! I understand. Maybe someday, you and Scratch can become friends naturally!" Molly hoped.

Hearing Molly talking about friendship caused Libby to suddenly gasp as she remembered something important. "Oh no!"

At that moment, Libby ran back in the direction of the park as Molly and Scratch followed her. Once Molly managed to catch up, she noticed Libby kneeling on the ground with something in her hands.

Molly stepped closer to see that Libby was gripping her friendship bracelet tightly. Tears were running down Libby's face as she was overcome with guilt from what happened between her and Molly not too long ago.

"Oh, Molly! I'm so sorry! I should have realized you had a good reason to this secret from me! I've been so awful to you!" Libby cried.

Feeling bad for her best friend, Molly immediately wrapped her arms around Libby in a hug. "No! Libby, you have nothing to apologize for! If I had been more honest with you, none of this would have happened! I'm so sorry for everything! If you would want me to be your friend again, I promise there will be no more secrets between us!"

Libby sniffed as she smiled at Molly before hugging her back. "Of course! I'm happy that we are friends again!" Libby put on her friendship bracelet once more.

With the drama of today's events over, Molly and Scratch decided to return home and get some sleep. Everything soon calmed down the next morning, as Molly was on her phone, looking at pictures of her and Libby together. That was when Scratch decided to talk to Molly about her crush on Libby.