Chapter 1: Park

"I don't get it. Why am I not allowed to go see Lam?! You know we all have been tight since college. What the fuck is wrong now?!"

"He's nice. I'm not saying no. Heck, he's my friend too but don't you think you guys been way too close?? Way too closer than for my liking?!"

"Are you suspecting me now? Are you?!"

"I am not. But, can't you pay attention to my feelings too and maybe put some distance? You met him 2 days ago. Why now?"

"Because, bloody hell, he's helping me plan the surprise engagement proposal I had in mind for you!"

There was absolute silence for a while. He looked up at me stricken.

"I.... what..I'm sorry.. I didn't.."

"It's cool. I will not go meet him anymore. I will tell him. Maybe it's good all these came to light before I decided to propose to you. Now I truly know how you feel about me. You do think of me as some cheat who's easily swayed and you have no faith in my friendships."

"That's not what I'm saying or said. I never did. Don't put words in my mouth."

"You don't have to say it. You showed it with your actions."

His tears started dropping.

"I will go stay at my parents' for a bit. Maybe we need a break from each other."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying. Let's break up Forth."

I grabbed my wallet and keys and left the house, leaving Forth alone in the apartment we had shared since our university days.

It's been 4 years of togetherness, destroyed completely by his jealousy and suspicion over the last 4 months.

[Author's Note: here's to your request Mickeymate ; stay tuned for more to come! ]