Chapter 11: Forth

We fled to the hospital as soon as we could. We reached the A&E only to find Lam waiting there.

He was seated on a chair, stoic and solemn. "Lam..." I whispered. He looked at me and Park, and that's when his strong facade finally broke. He started sobbing, his tears falling hard and fast.

Park went to him and instantly wrapped him in a tight hug. Lam just held on, crying, earlier anger and frustration, all forgotten. With Pha in such a precarious situation, that petty fight seemed so silly in comparison.

We waited with bated breath for the doctor's update. Minutes turned into hours, and finally, around 1am, the doctor had an update for us. Pha had tried to cut himself, and he had hit a right nerve. He had suffered a lot of blood loss but thankfully was rescued in time by his neighbour who had popped by.

The doctor said Pha was to rest for the night, but we could visit him tomorrow. Lam refused to leave, though, and just sat outside the entire time. Park and I sat with him, and around 7am, we were finally allowed to see him. I went in with Park to see him, and Pha's eyes just glimmered, but he was happy that we finally made up. He just smiled wanely at us, trying hard to betray no pain of his. He desperately wanted to ask about Lam, and I could see it in his eyes, but he was battling with himself. He knew Lam was angry with him for kissing Park and wouldn't forgive him.

"Hey, thanks for coming.. "

"Why did you do this, Pha?" 

Pha just looked at me with a soft grimace but didn't say anything, turning away from us.

"Well, if you don't want to answer Forth, do you want to tell me, at least?"

Pha turned around so quickly. I think that idiot almost broke his neck! Lam was standing at the door. He hesitated at the entrance, and Park went over to drag him in. I smiled as I pushed Lam towards Pha, and we decided to leave the love birds to talk.

They had to thrash things out, whether they liked it or not, and a good start could be today.

I left the hospital with Park, who was still hesitant around me. I slung my hands around his shoulder as we walked off, turning to him.

"I can't say we be good as new, but I love you too much to let you go. Protect my heart with all of yours, ok? Let's give this a shot again?"

Park's eyes glimmered as he nodded. I leaned into him for a kiss and pulled away softly, slightly a minute later. Both of our eyes were dilated, heart racing, and feelings all kinds of unspeakable emotions in the recesses of our hearts.

"Let's head home na, Forth?"

"Home?" I uttered hesitantly.

"Our home. Let's go home."

I smiled as I grabbed Park's hands, and we headed off home, back to our love story again.

With that, this little number comes to an end. Till another #lovewinsall!