Chapter 7: Pha

I walked straight to my car and was about to open my door when Lam grabbed onto me.

He twirled me around. "Pha. We have to talk. You got it wrong. Its not what you think it is."

I looked at him listlessly. I bit my lips, my tears threatening to come out. I sighed softly. Lam saw me sigh and he pulled me towards him.

"You know I love you so much right? Forth really needs a friend at this point of time. I was just there for him. I promise. Nothing happened. I swear."

I sighed. I looked at him. I caressed his face softly as I nodded.

"I know. I know you were just being there for him as a friend. But seeing him lie on your shoulders, you holding onto him. It just got to me, you know. I think those two being so broken messed with my head. I am sorry. And I am sorry for blurting out about us. I know we agreed to keep it under wraps..and I just.."

Lam just shushed me by putting a finger over my lips. He shook his head, and hugged me tightly. I burrowed my head on his shoulders and he just patted me gently.

"Come on, let's go home. I think we need some time to ourselves too. I go check in on Park later." Lam muttered as he took my hand towards the car.

"I will go check on Park ok? You go be with Forth. At least Forth wouldn't feel like you are doing him an obligatory favour." I replied as Lam started the engine. He nodded at me and we took off.

We went back to my apartment where we had an early lunch, and just caught up on our respective things together. Around 4pm, Lam and I both left, to go check on those two morons we called friends. I know Park wouldn't be psyched about seeing me again. He barely let me hang around for 30 minutes yesterday before throwing me out but too bad. I'm all he has got today.

I kissed Lam goodbye and he promised to see me later before he took off on his bike. I got my car and drove over to Park's with some food.

I knocked on the door but didn't get a reply. I tried again and again but no response. I took my phone out about to call Park when his neighbor came by.

"Hey, have you seen Park?"

"Hmm yea man, I thought I saw him head towards the rooftop. He loves to chill there but today he seemed a bit off."

I thanked his neighbor and ran off towards the rooftop. What was this stupid Park upto?! I reached the rooftop only to see Park drunkenly staggering around the edge.

"Oi! Come here now! What are you doing there?!" I screamed at Park. He turned around to see me. He then broke out into one of his cheesy grins at me and staggered around even more. I knew Park was completely out. He doesn't smile, much less grin cheekily at me. I sighed. Ugh, another day, another drunk man. What was with these two idiots!

I slowly walked over and tried to talk him off the edge but he refused to listen. Park staggered around even more drunkenly and tried to look out over. I got so pissed and pulled him towards me, grabbing him tightly! He tried to resist me and I just slapped him tightly once! Park looked at me, all fight out of him.

He just sagged and started crying. "Park.."

Against my better will and judgement, I just held onto Park tightly and hugged him. "Its ok, it will be ok. Come. Let's go there first, shall we?".

I murmured softly, trying to soothe Park and brought him away from the edge. I have no idea on how much Park had drank but I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He seemed so out of it as he staggered about drunkenly. I held onto his waist tightly as I brought him back to his apartment.

I sat him down and took off his clothes. I hustled him to the bathroom, gave him a quick shower which woke him up abit and he stared sullenly at me. I just ignored him as I towelled his hair dry and got him changed into new clothes.

He sat on the sofa as I got some meds and juice for him. "Have it. It will cure the hangover. Don't think of saying no."

Park looked at me, wanting to retort but nodded instead and took it. I sat with him, surfing through channels. Suddenly, I felt Park lay his head on my shoulders.

I stiffened involuntarily. "Park.."

"Can I just lay for a bit? I...Forth always lets me lay on his shoulders and holds me when I'm drunk."

I could hear the break in Park's voice as he uttered these words. I gulped silently. I just nodded and inched closer to him. Its just being there for a friend in need.

A few seconds later, I wrapped my hands around him and held onto Park firmly but gently. He looked up at me. I looked at him and tried to smile. His eyes glimmered.

"Park... Please don't cry.. I don't know what to do...do you want me to call Forth?"

His eyes glimmered more, but he shook his head fiercely and just looked away. I looked at him.

"Hey, hey look at me. It's ok. I'm here. It's ok. Look at me. Damnit Park, look at me naa!" I finally snapped, pulling Park to look at my face.

His tears were coming down. It was like unlike the Park I ever knew. This man in my arms was completely broken down, swept up in a whirlpool of emotions. I caressed his face gently, just wanting to soothe him.

He laid his head on my chest and that's when I first fumbled. I kissed the top of Park's head. Park looked up at me stunned by my actions. And then I totally fumbled the 2nd time. Majorly.

I kissed his forehead gently and pulled away. Before he said anything, I let go of him and turned away. And just then, the phone rang. My blood ran cold when I realized it was Lam who was on the line.

Park saw the phone and thats when he stood up.  He wanted to walk away but I grabbed onto his hand as I answered the phone.

"Lam..."

"Park.. he's here. He's fine. Do you want to speak to him? Oh okays, sure sure. All rights. I will see you tomorrow then. Is Forth OK? All rights, good to hear. I will let Park know."

I looked up at Park. His face was red. I stood up.

"Lam was checking on you.. he said he will come by tomorrow." I muttered softly.

Park just nodded his head. I looked at him but I didn't know on how to broach on what happened earlier.

"Park.. about earlier.."

"It's ok. I was totally in a mess. You just wanted to make sure I was fine. It just stays between us."

I nodded, watching as Park just took his hand out of my hand and went into his room, barricading himself for the rest of the day. I looked at my phone and seeing Lam's photo on mine, I cursed softly at my slip up.

What the fuck was I thinking?

But he was in so much of pain, an inner voice spoke softly.

But still, was it right?

I sighed again as my thoughts kept battling amongst themselves in my head.