Chapter 9: Forth

Lam glared at me so that I would start eating my dinner. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my food.

I stirred it around listlessly, finding myself unable to eat. I heard Lam sigh softly. I looked up at him, my tears pooling in my eyes. He looked at me for some time before taking the bowl away.

"You can eat later if you are hungry. Why don't we game for a bit?"

I nodded my head at Lam. He smiled and cleared the table as I set up the gaming station. We played quietly at first but over time, we got engrossed in the game and started playing boisterously!

Lam threw stuff at me as I managed to whoop his ass yet again. Around the 45th minute mark, we took a break and he brought out the lunch again. This time, I was starving and wolfed it down. Lam just threw me a bemused smirk and  cleared my dishes away once I was done.

We continued gaming and finally, around 8pm, Lam left. I took a shower and came back, only to realize that my apartment felt alarmingly quiet. Park was always over at my place or I was at his and now that Lam had left, the silence was deafening.

I took out my laptop, working on the establishment of the new catalogue of motorcycles for Park's bike shop. It was something I helped out with on top of my own job and it wasn't going to change, despite this between us. I finished it all off and then emailed Park on it.

A little while later, my phone rang. I picked it up only to realize it was Park.

"Park. Are you ok? What happened?"

Park was silent for a while before he finally muttered, "I saw your email. You did the catalogue.."

"Of course. I told you I will finish it up. I will keep to my words."

"You finished it. Does that mean this is it? All of our connections are done?"

I kept quiet. I could take offence to it or clarify my doubts and I know I had alot.

"Do you really want to end it all between us Park? You mean the world to me, I know I do too. Can't we work it out? If it's really too much of what I'm asking, I take it back. I just want to be with you. And I will gladly compromise on everything else for you."

Park was quiet. He was so silent, that I thought he had hung up. Just as I decided to take a look at the phone, he actually really hung up! What the fuck.

I stared all confused at my phone. I tried calling him back but he didn't answer. I sighed as I kept it away, my tears threatening to spill again. About 10 minutes later, I heard soft knocks on the door. I went to open the door, only to come face to face with Park.

"You shouldn't have to compromise on everything just to be with me. I..it should be equal... I'm sorry Forth."

I stared, all confused at Park. He was apologising?? He wants to be with me?!? Just as that sunk in, I started grinning and was about to take him in my arms when his next line stopped me cold.

"But I need to confess. Pha kissed me and I let him."

"What?!!" I yelled out.

Park's eyes crinkled in pain in comparison to my gleaming angry ones.

This was going places I never saw.