Chapter 3: Park

I was pissed at Forth who had ranted away drunkenly at me. He was always so quick to act and never gave it any thought.

I laid listessly in bed. Just then I heard a couple of soft knocks on my room door. "Come in" I uttered tiredly. I saw Lam come in.

I sat up, rubbing my hair absentmindedly.

"Are you ok? Pha called me. What happened exactly?"

I watched as Lam's face winced as I told him what had happened.

"Don't you think you were too quick to act too? Given you complain Forth is?"

"Whatever are you talking about?" I uttered, my voice going lower and softer which means I was getting pissed.

"Think about it. 4 years of togetherness. You told me that he's been acting irrationally the last 4 months. But have you tried to reassure his irrationality or find out why he does what he does? I know all 3 of us are friends but he's your boyfriend. He's bound to have that special soft spot just for you and it wouldn't extend to anyone else. Did that strike you?"

"Are you really taking his side now?!"

"I'm not. I just don't want to see my two friends in agony when it can be avoided."

"You have no idea on how stupid he can be. I'm not going to entertain his nonsense."

"So, what happens? You going to end this? You are telling me you really want to end things with Forth?"

I looked at Lam, my face contorted in pain. Not having Forth by my side, his sweet teddy bear persona all for me, his thoughtful act of making food for me everyday knowing I'm a mess in the kitchen, him reminding me to take it a little less serious and be more chill. Him working so hard to provide for us whilst he lets me pursue my dream of running my own bike shop. Visiting my parents without fail every week with or without me.

Did I really think I wanted to give up on him? He was a little rough around the edges but has always been incredibly sweet and soft around me. I sat up, looking at the bed. Lam sat next to me.

"I know you are angry but you have to think it through. Don't say or do things in a fit of anger and you can't take it back then. Why don't you talk to him again? If it will make him happier, just stop talking to me for a bit. I wouldn't mind. Really."

I looked at Lam, sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. He held onto me and patted me softly. Just then, my room door opened and there stood Forth.

His eyes glimmered as he saw Lam holding onto me.

"Forth?" I choked out hesitantly as I realized his presence. He took a step back. I quickly got out of bed and held onto his hand but he shook it off.

"Maybe I'm overthinking it again but when I see things like this and I know things been rough between us...."

"Forth..look listen. Calm down. It isn't what you think it is.."

"You are right. It isn't what I think it is. Maybe you are right. Maybe I'm not the one for you. Sorry na..."

And before I could stop him, Forth turned and left.

What the fuck! I turned around and looked at Lam dismayed at how Forth had misunderstood us again.

I seriously wasn't catching a break at all!