Chapter 10: Park

I looked at Forth whose eyes had turned red and I could see his anger. I braced myself for him to shout at me. But instead, after the longest while, he turned away from me and just walked away.

"Forth.."

"Come in."

I walked in, very very mindful that Forth was prolly seething and I was treading this very fine thin line with him. 

"Do you want a beer?" 

I shook my head no. I watched as Forth grabbed one for himself and settled himself down. I sat down near him but still keeping a distance between us. As the silence prolonged, I started tapping my foot in low key built up frustration. 

"How did it happen?"

I regurgitated on whatever had happened between Pha and me. "Why are you telling me? If you didn't say a word, I wouldn't know and everything will be ok. Isn't it?"

I just stared at Forth in disbelief. Finally I sputtered out, "No. I cannot. You have been always honest with me with your feelings and whatever you say or do. I am not going to start lying to you. Neither will I want to. I know this is probably going to make things worse between us but I cannot be lying to you Forth. No way. I love you too much to hurt you."

Forth just looked at me and finally he smiled. He raised his hands at me and beckoned me over. I stood up just as he did, walking over to him. He grabbed me in a tight hug. Having not held him in my arms for days, I held on tightly - willing all of how much I had missed him into my grip. 

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened. I should have tried to and reassure your doubts but I..." Before I could say anything more, Forth pulled away from me to give me a soft feathery kiss, in contrast to his tight grip hug. 

He pulled away slowly and looked at me, smiling softly. I smiled back as I leaned in for another kiss. I cupped his face lightly as I tip toed to cover that little distance between us. We finally pulled away from each other with me resting my head on his shoulders. 

"But you need to know that Lam is..."

"Dating Pha. I know. Pha told me.."

"Shit. How will they two.."

"I have no idea.."

Just then, the door bell rang. Forth went to open the door and Lam just rushed in. He saw me and punched me squarely on my face. Forth was stunned and so was I but I had an inkling of where he was coming from.

"Lam."

"Do not even. FUCK YOU PARK."

I sighed. I looked at Lam who was furious. He was about to raise his hand at me again when Forth stopped him. 

"Lam. Listen."

'FUCK OFF FORTH. YOU GUYS FIGHT. SQUABBLE. WE PLAY MIDDLEMEN AND THIS HAPPENS. FUCK THIS SHIT."

"Now I am telling you both; fucking stay away from me."

"Lam, look its not even.."

"Do not worry.  I am fair. I broke up with Pha. Hope everyone is happy now."

I stared dumbfounded as Lam stormed out. I looked over at Forth who came and just grabbed me in his arms. My tears dropped involuntarily without me even realizing it. Over a short span, so much of shit had happened. Could it get worse?

Apparently, it could. Forth received a call and we found out that Pha was rushed to the hospital. He had tried hurting himself after Lam had stormed out.

Ah, fuck this shit.