Chapter 9

Lo'ak was kicking the rails as he continued to attempt and escape. Tuk was grunting as she tried to do the same.

I looked behind Lo'ak to see Neteyam climbing up the mother ship. "Neteyam!" Tuk shouted happily.

"Hey baby brother" he said as he rushed to Tsireya first, cutting her orange bands off "needs some help" he offered jokingly.

"Shut up. Come on. Get us loose" Lo'ak replied annoyed. Neteyam slowly moved down cutting Tuks.

"Okay, get Tuk out of here" Neteyam demanded to Tsireya. Tuk ran to Tsireya grabbing each other as they ran off.

"Bro hurry up" Lo'ak shouted to his brother impatiently, "who's the mighty warrior? Come on. Say it" Neteyam joked with Lo'ak.

"I do not have all day" I uttered shaking my hands showing them my bands. Neteyam ran over to me and cut my bands, when my hands were free I threw them around Neteyam embracing him tightly.

"Thank you!" I whispered. "Okay Ty-Lee we have to go" he stated grabbing my hand and bring me with him over. I grabbed my bow that was left in a now dead soldiers hands wrapping it around me and placing my knifes in there holders back on my chest.

"They've got spider" Lo'ak mentioned stopping Neteyam and I. We turned to see Lo'ak preparing a sky people's weapon.

"We've gotta get him. Come on" Lo'ak demanded as Neteyam and I ran over "we can't leave him" Lo'ak pouted at his big brother. I rolled my eyes as Neteyam growled before we all ran into the ship.

I follow Lo'ak with Neteyam behind me as we climb on the roof of the ship to where the sky people are evacuating. We stopped as sky people ran past us, not wanting to get caught.

"Nice view" Neteyam joked, "shut up" I uttered annoyed but yet also embarrassed, "shut up love birds" Lo'ak hissed as the rest of the sky people left. We climb up to the roof and follow more sky people with the sky boy, Neteyam was now leading us Lo'ak behind me both with there weapons and me with my own bow readied.

"You want to go down with the ship?" A sky person said pushing the sky boy around.

The three of us sit on the edge waiting for them to walk under us. Neteyam jumped down stabbing one of the sky people Lo'ak soon joining him as I watched from above waiting with my bow. Lo'ak was hitting the sky people with the sky people's weapons as I noticed the sky boy had a person running after him, and the sky boy did nothing, I shot my bow at the running sky man saving the sky boy. I didn't know what to do, after my whole life of hating the skye people I saved one. He looks up at me as I tower down on him, "thanks" the sky boy stutters, I ignore him and look back at Neteyam who is now throwing someone off the ship. I jump down after many of the sky people were dead to see another grabbing one of the weapons

"LO'AK" I scream warning him, he turns and draws the weapon not waiting and shooting the sky person, killing him instantly.

"Bro come on" the sky boy uttered to the boys, "let's go" Neteyam said grabbing Lo'ak who seems to be out of reality. We jump down the stares to a more open place on the ship.

"Thanks guys" the sky boy said looking at Lo'ak, "so who's the new girl" he asked pointing at me. "That's my friend" Neteyam replied as he looked around for more sky people. "Sure. Friend" Lo'ak whispered to the sky boy jokingly. I glared him down looking at them both giggling.

"There" I said pointing out one of the Omatikaya soldiers walked over, he drew his weapon towards us.

"Go!" The sky boy shouted running down the ship, Lo'ak drew the sky people's weapon and pointed it at the Omatikaya soldier shooting at him, but was stopped by Neteyam as we all ran after the sky boy.

More Omatikaya soldiers appeared shooting at us as we tried to escape.

"Give me that" Neteyam shouted at Lo'ak taking the skye people's weapon out of his hand and drawing it up, shooting back at the soldiers. I covered the sky boy from the shots bouncing off, as he was much smaller then us. Neteyam continued shooting as he shouted to us.

"Go! Go. Go!" We all ran and jumped over the railings and into the water. Swimming under the ship. Neteyam soon joined us as the Omatikaya soldiers continued firing.

Lo'ak laughed at the sky boy, "bro, that was insane cuz" he uttered to him, "yeah" the sky boy replied laughing they high fived in victory as Neteyam swam back up to the surface he was grunting and coughing.

Tsireya showed up with her ilu demand at us "get on"

"Come on bro" Lo'ak uttered to his brother as he swam up to Tsireya.

"You skxawng" Neteyam huffed out of breath, my heart raced differently now, I wasn't anxious of the sky people attacking now, I was anxious of Neteyam, he was injured "I'm shot" he mentioned breaking my heart.

"What!" I stuttered I swam to him fast worried and shaking "shit" Lo'ak screamed swimming to us. "Gimme a hand" Lo'ak shouted to Tsireya and the sky boy as we lifted him up on the ilu. Before everyone got there hands on him he swam under, not being able to hold himself up above the water.

"Neteyam!!!" I shouted swimming under to grab him, pulling him up and onto the ilu.

Tsireya and I hung onto the side of the ilu as the sky boy, held onto Neteyam who was wrapped around Lo'ak. Tears filled my eyes I didn't know what was happening yet my body couldn't stop shaking.

"They have Kiri and Tuk" Tsireya mentioned as we swam away from the mother demon ship.

The eclipse began as we got to a small island of rocks where we seen Jakesully.

"DAD!" Lo'ak shouted "dad help! It's Neteyam" he mentioned, I swam off the ilu and towards the rocks to help with Neteyam.

"Here! Take him" Lo'ak shouted we all grabbed him and carried him to the rocks.

"Oh, no" Jakesully pouted

"It's Neteyam! He's hurt" Lo'ak repeated with fear in he voice. Jakesully began pulling us out of the water as we carried Neteyam with us.

Neteyam continued grunting and coughing, as we lifted him out of the bloody water.

We all scurried to help with him to see if we could do anything. Jakesully grabbed my hands placing them on the wound holding them there.

"Put pressure" he mentioned as he pushed down my hands. I watch Neteyam wince in pain, tears falling out of my eyes watching him.

"It is okay, it is going to be okay my dear" I said calming him down, trying to keep my hands from trembling.

"Ty-Lee" Neteyam called, "i am right here" I whimpered, "please don't leave me" he cried. "I will never leave you" I stuttered Lo'ak moved me out of the way putting his hand where mine are as I was shaking to much. I moved to the other side of Neteyam sitting down beside Jakesully.

"No no no" I muttered under my breath, "please please" I begged.

"I can't loose you Neteyam" I demanded, I was shaking beside him as he was grunting in pain. I felt violently ill watching him in pain. I grabbed him face with my shaky hands, "please" I begged eywa, I leaned down pressing me lips to his needing that one moment back, where he was mine in my arms. Alive.

Neytiri came flying in with her ikran and ran over as i hunched over her sons wounded body crying.

"No no no no" she cried.

"It's okay son. I gotcha" Jakesully said holding his hand.

"I want to go home" he stuttered through his grunting. I cupped my hand to his face, holding the little warmth it had.

"Neteyam please" I said in the tears, as I continued kissing him and crying over the mirror thought of loosing him. Jakesullys hand crashed onto my back as I watched his life leave him body.

I froze before I screamed for eywa, needing her strength to keep me alive.

"NOOOOOOOOO NETEYAM NETEYAM PLEASE PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME" I screamed into his lifeless chest.

Jakesully holds Neytiri in his arms as we both cry over him. I looked up to see Lo'ak sitting in shock crying with his brothers blood on his hands. I rush over crashing myself into him as we embrace each both crying in each others arms. Hearing Neytiri scream over Neteyam.