EVE & WALL•E

I let the cool air kiss my face with small icy peck's thats felt similar to a prick of a thorn. With my eyes closed I could hear Alec shifting to sit down besides me, sighing lightly in the process. The sigh was one of someone who had a lot on their mind. Most likely tired of the way the metaphoric wheel in his head was spinning.

"So, Eve" he starts, making me smile at his pathetic attempt of starting a conversation with me. "It's been awhile."

I nodded, "mhm, two years almost."

"You changed a lot."

I open an eye, smirking at him playfully. "So have you."

"Yeah, but I'm still me. I'm still the Alec you know but you? You're different."

I laughed gently at him. I was the different one, I was the one who had changed. It was kind of ironic if you think about it. I thought he had changed the most but he thought the exact opposite. "Im the different one mister steriods?" I joked openly.

"Hey, I don't do steroids." He laughed dryly, "but yeah you're the different one. Your hair" his rough hand grazed my hair softly. "Your tattoos," his hand dropped to the tattoos on my arm sending little goosebumps all over. "Even your personality is all different. Sure, my appearance changed, but I stayed the same mentally." He explained simply.

"You haven't spent more than a total of thirty minutes with me, how on earth did you manage to tell that I had changed so oh drastically."

"Because I know you Eve." As the word Eve slipped through his lips I nearly cringed. I hated that god forsaken nickname that was nearly as old as I was. He had given me that name when he one day decided that Everly was too long and he was too lazy. I had hated it from the first moment it slipped through his mouth.

"Do you, Alec? Did you ever really know me? I mean, we weren't exactly close growing up so how much could you really know about me?" I asked it in a rhetorical way, not expecting an answer back so when Alec replied I was quite shocked.

"Well, your favorite color is green, your zodiac sign is Cancer, your favorite animal is

a wolf and -"

"Alright I get it, you did your homework." I joked pushing his shoulder with my own.

He shrugged, a smile politely on his face. "Yeah well, I am an A plus student you know." He joked back.

"Yeah, well. Alright, you got me there Alec, I got nothing special about me." I counteracted.

For a second, Alec just looked at me dumbfoundedly. Not moving or smiling, just looking at me like I had I was the craziest person that had ever lived. "What? What'd I do?" I questioned.

"Are you kidding me?" He shot back, his mouth dropping open now. I was still confused, not understanding what was happening at all. "Nothing special about you? You're insane Eve. There are so many things about you that are special."

I snorted, rather unattractively. "Oh yeah, like what, and when will you stop calling me Eve? You know I loath it."

"But your my Eve, always have been." He states proudly.

"Does that mean your WALL-E?" I asked sarcastically.

"You know it." He answers nudging my shoulder lightly. "You're my Eve, and your intelligent, kind, loving, caring, beautiful, res-"

Instantly I burst out into uncontrollable laughter. I couldn't believe my ears. Mostly because the word beautiful came out of his mouth and was directed towards me. "Now what did I say?" He laughed, leaning back on one of his arms. His enticing eyes searching my face.

"Are you kidding me." I laughed back.

"What? What did - wait. Is this about how I said you were beautiful?"

"Duh, I mean if you were gonna lie to me you could at least make it believable." I told him.

"Everly Love Casey, if you believe for one second that you're anything but beautiful than your stupid because you're the most beautiful and amazing girl that I've ever seen before in my entire life." He grabbed my face in his hands. The warmth seeping deep into my frostbitten skin.

"When was the last time you got your eyes checked?"

"A month ago, why?"

"Just checking that you hadn't gone blind in the series of two years." I explained, half meaning it as a joke and half being serious.

"Ha very funny Eve, I bet Barbie dolls are jealous of you."

I laughed heavily, holding my stomach as my body leaned backwards on instinct. I had to readjust myself when a snort slipped through the thin barrier I had left. "Yeah, and oh look! A pig just flew by too." I chimed still laughing.

"Im serious Eve, you're the most beaut-" He tried to start but I clamped my hand firmly onto his lips.

"No, stop, if you don't ill pee." I exclaimed.

"Why wont you believe me?" He asked, taking my wrist in his hands. Instantly I tensed, ripping them from his clutches. I hated anyone touching my wrists. It reminded my of the assault I go through at home.

"Because I'm not. Have you seen me lately?" I counteracted, not understanding how he could even think to consider me near cute at the least beautiful.

"Everly, i've seen you. You make my inner bonner want to spring loose again." He joked openly, flashing a white toothed smile. Again,I Laughed.With the rate at which I was laughing I was beginning to think I was going to drop dead of a heart failure.

"That was a good one, I will admit but I really hate lying Alec."

"When have I ever lied to you Eve?" He asked and it made me think. In all the years I've known Alec never has one false word sprouted from his lips. Not a single lie or tall tale, not one. Not anything remotely near something like it. "Exactly" he said still smiling brightly at me.

"Thats not the point." I argued.

"But it is."

"Oh, just drop it." I huffed, silently giving up but not wanting to admit it aloud.

For a while after that, we talked back and forth, getting reaquainted and talking about things that had passed in the two years he was gone. He told me that he stayed with his cousin, the one that had saved me earlier and attended a boarding school to get away from the harshness here. It was understandable, I mean he was pushed around and beaten so much that he had the right to leave. But changing, that was quite a surprise to me. I was surprised just at the fact that the small, flimsy boy I once knew even had it in him to change at such a measure as he did. In a way, I was proud of the kid.

Working so hard to change and better himself. I couldn't do anything like that even if I had the slightest ambition to do so.

After a while people began filing out the houses in herds, causing us to almost get trampled on naturally making us move. It was getting late, or early, however somebody looks at it and my body was worn out. It had been a strange, almost horrible night and all I wanted to do was sleep. But since Lu was shacked up with Jo I was left without a place to crash. I might have to even go as far as knocking on doors until I find an empty one.

"Getting tired Eve?" Alec asked, his voice mellow and dried out. He had to be just as tired as I was.

"Yeah, I might go look for a place to crash." I told him scratching the back of my head.

Suddenly, Alec smiled at me. "Follow me" slightly confused I didn't move, I didn't really see any sense in it but when his big, calloused hand clasped onto mine I gasped loudly. He was holding my hand, in public, with people here, people I might know. My body tensed but it was forced to move wherever Alec wanted me to go.

My eyes stayed trained on his hand that was still on mine as he navigated our way through the big house. Once we were upstairs I began to grow rather nervous. Just what was he attempting to do?

"Here we are." He exclaims fumbling with the door handle. Once he has it open I peer inside. It was a nice room, a big bed tucked against the wall, a small loveseat in the corner with a TV sitting across from the bed. Alec walked in like he owned the place, ruffling his hair in his hands.

"Uh, Alec?" I asked standing at the doorway.

He turned around, facing me with that smile still placed firmly in place. "Hm?" He mumbled walking towards me.

"What do you expect me do exactly?" I questioned.

"Come in, and sleep. What else silly?" He laughed simply.

I looked around helplessly, did he really think I was going to sleep in there? With him in the same room as me? "In here? With you?" At my assumed stupid question he laughed again placing a hand on my back, leading me into the room.

"Well, yeah. I'll be taking the couch of course." He assured me.

Giving in for the second time that night I sat on the bed. My eyes wandered around the room and in that moment I felt helpless. What if Alec's unhealthy obsession with me has grown even more unhealthy and he does a if I can't have you no one can type of deal and chops my head off with something that he finds in the bathroom. Now thats a scary thought. Maybe it was the alcohol getting to my head again. I only had a few but then again thats all that it takes really.

"I'll sleep on the couch" Alec says, feeling my discomfort with the whole situation.

With that he settled himself onto the small loveseat, more than half his body dangling off the edge looking extremely uncomfortable. I sighed, realizing I was about to do the right thing no matter how uncomfortable it made me feel.

"You can't sleep like that you dunce." I spit, watching closely as he opens only one eye, peeking through at me. Another sigh left my lips, "you can sleep up here. But over the first sheet." I huff sliding under both covers waiting for him to politely decline so I could pathetically give up for a third time leaving me to sleep in this cloud of a bed.

"Cool, thanks." He exclaims jumping into the bed with a thud.

Silently, I laugh, turning on my side trying to find the dreamless sleep I'm used to. "Good night Alec" I whisper softly.

"Goodnight Evy."

God, not more than four hours spent with him and I already know he's gonna be the death of me.