Birthday Surprises Part 1

hey guys, sorry this is so short but im leaving for Camp in the morning and i didnt have time to make it longer aso im spliting it into two parts, this is a biggy though so at least it will help you digest it. xD 

Ps: this my first time ever going to camp. Wish me luck! xD 

Semi edited 

Chapter 22 Part 1

Birthday Surprises

          I ignored the pain of the little needle stabbing my shoulder blade many times by gripping the seat and clenching my teeth tightly together. Lu sat in a seat across the room, reading a seventeen magazine with a cloth over her collar bone chewing gum.

          When we woke up this morning Lu suggested that we get tattoo’s in Lilly’s honor. So here we were at the local tattoo shop getting tattoo’s that would remind us of Lilly. I was getting a saying, I refuse to sink with an anchor at the end. Lu just got a simple anchor on her collar bone to coordinate with mine.

          “We’re sorry to hear about Squirt.” The tattoo artist Robert mentioned over the sound of the buzzing of the gun.

          “Yeah, we’re sure gonna miss her.” His assistant Jake sniffled, not taking his eyes off his client.

          “I know, I miss her too boys.” I mumbled pressing my cheek into the seat.

          Rob was a great artist, and a friend of mine since I got my first tattoo. He’s been Lu’s tattoo artist since she was fifteen, they were pretty tight friends. Rob was one of those guys who were on the edge of hitting three hundred pounds with tattoo’s covering everywhere besides his face, his head was bald and shiny; so shinny that you could clearly see your reflection off it.

          “It’s okay though, Lill is up there in heaven wrapped in God’s warm embrace.” Rob said, not stopping with his slow steady movements with the tattoo gun.

          “You don’t know that though.” I muttered pressing my cheek firmly into the seat.

          “Oh yes I do Everly, I have faith that she’s up there. She was a good and pure child.” He countiuned. I decided not to fight him on this, but I just couldn’t see how she could be in heaven if she didn’t even know who God was. Let alone if there was really a Heaven at all.

          Another ten minutes of pain before the needle stopped and Rob cheered happily, “my masterpiece is finished! Moy perfecto!”  he clapped bringing me over to a mirror while positioning another so I could see my shoulder blade clearly.

          A smile crept up on my lips, “I love it Rob, thank you.” I reached into my shorts pocket, attempting to pull my money out.

          “If you pull money out of your stripper shorts I will personally cut your hands off and shove the money so far down your throat you’ll be constipated for months.” He warned, seriousness lurking in his voice.

          “I’m paying for the damn tattoo, Rob.”

          “Yeah, and im going to go out side and see my pet pig flying across the sky too.” He mused.