two

"i can tell when my girls ready to leave"

waking up from her first night away at college, valentina felt sad.

even though she was happy to be at school, happy she had one of her best friends with her, and happy to have a good roommate. she missed her dad and adam.

after being so used to seeing and being with both of them everyday, she didn't like the change. though, lucky enough for her she made plans with luca today. so maybe it would get her mind off her sad feelings.

he was showing her around campus and introducing her to some of his friends. they decided luca would get her from her dorm, they would go to breakfast, walk around campus, then go to his friends house where most of the sophomore hockey players lived.

valentina got up quietly so she wouldn't wake brinley up, and went to the bathroom that they were lucky enough to have connected to their room. though they had to share it with the girls in the dorm next door, they basically had their own bathroom. val brushed her teeth and hair, did light makeup, left her hair down, and went to pick out an outfit. walking out of the bathroom she picked out her clothes. and knowing it would be hot in the middle of august michigan heat, she put on a pair of jean shorts a cropped pink tank top and her white platform converse.

as val was grabbing her purse and sunglasses luca knocked on the door. she opened it for him, grabbed her phone, and they started walking to a breakfast place.

"so, how was your first night?" luca asked as they were walking. "good, my roommates really nice." val smiled at him, "good, that's good." he said. "have you heard from adam yet?" luca added. "not since last night when he told me he got home. but it's only 10 so he's probably still sleeping." she said. "did i tell you what happened yesterday morning?" val asked, "no. i don't think you did" "adam fell off his bed when he was turning over." she said laughing. luca started laughing too, imagining adam falling off the bed in his head. "it made my morning, i was dying." val said as they approached the diner luca chose for them. "here we are." he said as he held the door open for val.

"wow, so chivalrous. thank you luca." she said as she walked through the door. luca replied with a nod as a waitress told them they could sit wherever they want. they chose a booth by the window so they could people watch.

"so what'd you guys do your last night at home?" luca asked while grabbing a menu, valentina copying his actions. "oh you know what we do normally, we swam and had a movie night." she answered looking over the menu. luca nodded before saying, "they have really good french toast, i know it one of your favorites." and he smiling as he saw her reaction to his words. "god, i love some good french toast." val said, her smile growing even more.

the two of them ordered their food, ate, and then left the dinner. after luca showed val around most of the campus, they arrived at his friends house.

luca knocked and they were invited inside a couple seconds later.

luca first said hi to a tall, hot guy who val was introduced to quickly. "val, this is mark, mark this is valentina." he said introducing the two, "val actually." she said, locking eyes with mark who smiled at her. "it's great to finally meet you val, i've heard lots of things from luca." mark told her, making val turn to look at luca. in return luca put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his side. "let's go meet the rest of the guys." luca said following mark into the living room.