eight

"oh my god"

thursday was valentina's third favorite day of the week. but this week it was her favorite. adam was coming to visit on thursday until monday, because he had the day off school. he was leaving after school, and was planning on arriving at seven o'clock that evening.

valentina's last class of the day ended at three and she couldn't wait to see adam. her plan was to go back to her dorm and do her homework she got assigned before he arrived.

she walked into her dorm room, immediately putting her heavy bag down on the floor and grabbing one of the many sweatshirts she had stolen from luca. val grabbed a bottle of water and a small bag of goldfish and put it on her desk.

"hey val." she heard adams voice and looked up to her bed to see him sitting on it, "oh my god!" she yelled running to him and giving him the tightest hug she could. he squeezed her back as she muttered a quick hello. "i missed you." she said, still hugging her best friend. "i think i missed you more." adam said smiling down to the girl and releasing her from his arms. he then sat on her bed again and asked, "how's college been?" "good, but it's so hard being away from you adam." val said as she sat on her desk chair, angling it toward the boy on her bed.

the two caught up each other on what was going on in each others lives. val told adam about brinley and the boys, and adam told her about their friends back at home.

"where's luca?" adam asked after he and val had been talking for a while. valentina checked the time on her phone and told him it was four and that luca had texted her.

imessage
luca🖤

luca🖤
hello valentina
do you know when adam will be here
and our plans??
sent 3:02pm

luca🖤
val check ur phone.
sent 3:21pm

luca🖤
valentina morgan
sent 3:36pm

luca🖤
okay then just don't answer me
i'm coming to ur dorm after my class is done
sent 3:39pm

luca🖤
okay since ur not answering and
i'm assuming ur dead ur helping me
with my homework because i couldn't
concentrate on anything cause i think ur dead
sent 3:45pm

luca🖤
my class is done at 4 so i'm coming over right after and i better not find ur dead body
sent 3:47pm

luca🖤
answer ur damn phone valentina
sent 3:58pm

val🫶
i'm alive
read 4:07pm

luca🖤
thank god
i'll be at ur dorm in 5 minutes

five minutes later luca knocked on the dorm room door and was met by his younger brother. adam gave luca a hug and muttered hellos to each other.

luca walked into the dorm and said to val, "answer your phone next time i text you so i don't think you're dead. okay?" and val said, "okay, and i'll help you with your homework."

luca hugged valentina quickly and sat in her bed. adam sat by his brother as val stayed in her desk chair.

adam and luca caught up for a little bit but it was obvious they had talked recently.

"so what are the plans for tonight?" luca asked.

"frat party or we can go to the sophomore house or something else if you two want to do something else." said val. "what frat party?" luca asked in a annoyed tone. "i don't know. some guy in my biology class invited me. i told him i probably won't go." valentina told luca and adam. "i think we should go to this frat party." said adam. "i don't care what we do." valentina said, feeling tension between her and luca. "you and adam decide." said luca, obviously a little bit mad. "frat party?" val asked and adam agreed.

they were going to a frat party some random guy invited val to.

and luca was not happy about it.