PINKY

Azael was driving and Ada was busy looking outside. Soft music played in the car. Azael in between stole glances of his wife. Ada knew he looked at her from time to time but she didn't have the guts to look back at him.

Azael wanted to know why Ada was cold towards him. She was extremely angry when he told her that he will be gone for six months and ruksathi will not be held now . He thought to ask her. He wanted to know why she was not interested in this marriage.

He cleared his throat to gain her attention. Ada kind of had an idea of what is coming. She decided that she will not lie anymore and will be truthful to him,no matter what the consequences are .

"Aap pehle se hi mujhse bahut ghussa aur  naarz hai, kyu?" Asked Azael directly not beating around the bush.

(You have been very angry and cold towards me why?).

"Mein shaadi nahi karna chahti thi,mujhe padna tha" said Ada directly.

(I did not want to get married,I wanted to study).

"Lekin mujhe yeh baat nahi pata tha,aap mujhse keh deti toh sab theek kar deta main"

(I did not know that,if you had told me I'd have fixed things).

"Kya theek karenge aap?" Asked Ada looking at him.

(What will you fix?).

"Sab" replied Azael,his voice doing something to Ada's heart. Both looked at each other's eyes.

(Everything).

"Sab theek karte main Ada,aap meri biwi hai agar aap padna chahti hai toh mein aapko padatha,aap ekbaar mujhse keh deti. Aapne aapke andar hi sab daabakar accha nahi kiya. I promise you whatever it is I will trust you,respect you and never let you alone. I want you to open up to me,baat karo mujhse" said Azael letting out his pinky finger to her.

(I'd have fixed everything Ada,you are my wife if you wanted to study I'd have allowed you. You just have to say it once. You did not do right by keeping it inside you...... Talk to me).

He wanted her to trust him. He wanted her to be carefree and comfortable around him. Ada looked at him and his pinky finger. She already decided that she will tell him the truth. She wanted to lead a normal marriage life like everybody. She forwarded her pinky finger and held his. Azael tightened their pinky's in a promise.

Both smiled.

Ada was glad that she got a caring and sweet husband as her life partner. She did not want to marry because after that incident in her life she thought all men are same. She was angry at Azael because he came to her house with a proposal at the perfect time when her father was trying to get her married. But Azael proved her wrong every single time. She thought that her husband would lose control and hurt her. But today was the first time he even touched her finger.

They reached her house.

"Toh yaad hai na...aapko mujhe daily call karna padega aur mere khayal rakhna hai jaise aap Ghar par mere khayal rakte the,theek hai?" Said Azael making her remembering their conversation.

(So you remember right? You will have to call me daily and take care of me just like how you used to do back at home okay ?).

"Ji" said Ada.

(Yes).

"Yeh jii jii kehkar Bach nahi sakte aap" said Azael trying his best to make her speak.

(You can't escape from me by just saying yes yes ).

"Aapke kapde isthiri Kiya hai meine... fridge bhi restock Kiya hai...aur Ghar saaf karne ke liye meine safeena ko kaha hai" said Ada.

(I have ironed your clothes,fridge also I'd restocked and I have told sabeena to clean the house ).

Azael was suprised that his wife is very caring about him eventhough she would have just left things like that back at home because there are other workers at home to do the job she still took the responsibility. He was happy and proud.

"Okay..very good...thanks Jaan" said Azael.

Ada freezed when she heard him call her Jaan. Azael was not aware of what he was saying too. He was not in his senses but when he saw Ada's expression he wanted to slap himself.
He did not want her to feel uncomfortable. He scratched the back of his neck in nervousness.

"Kya mein aapko Jaan bula Sakta hu?" Asked Azael 

(Can I call you Jaan?).

"Ji..Jo aapko theek Lage" said Ada looking down at her fingers.

(Whatever feels right to you).

Azael chuckled at her behaviour. He soo wanted to pinch her nose.

WEIRD,his mind said.

He got down from the car and opened the door for her. She was going to stay in her mom's house for a few days . He smiled at her while ada fixed her shawl around her. He wanted to ask her why does she wear shawl in this hot weather but thought otherwise.

They waited after pressing the doorbell. Ada's ammi opened the door. She was very happy to see her daughter. She let them in and served them chai. Ada sat there quietly while Azael and her mother talked.

"Uncle Kahan hai aunty?" Asked Azael.

(Where is uncle,aunty?).

"Woh soo rahe hai beta" said Ada's ammi.

(He is sleeping).

In real Ada's baba was not interested in meeting anybody, especially his daughter. He is not able to come in terms with what his daughter did. He spent all his time either in office or at his room. He never interacted with his wife and son too.

Azael left the house not before telling Ada to take care. He was about to get in the car when a phonecall interupted him. It was work call and he had to attend. So he attended the call and stood there talking. Ada left to her room. She did not want to talk to anybody now. She wanted some peace.

As soon she entered her room,everything came in front of her,she started crying. She slowly walked towards her closet and brought her diary.

There it was,all her past.

She opened the page of her diary which was the last entry she wrote before she kept it back in its place.
She looked at all the words written there. It hurt her like someone stabbed her with a knife.

I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TRUST ANYONE.

I BETRAYED MY PARENTS.

I LIED

I WAS CHEATED

I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

His sinister laugh still echoed in her ears.

Ada got scared. She screamed .

"Azael"

The jug kept in the bed side table and the flower vase  slipped and fell from Ada when she tried to stand up. It broke into pieces and Ada fell to the ground,on the glass pieces.

Hearing a loud thud from upstairs Ada's ammi ran upstairs. She opened the door and all she saw was blood and her daughter lying on the floor.