6

Arin kept turning sides on her bed. Her pillow was wet with salty tears that wouldn't stop leaving her eyes.

She didn't want to cry, yet she couldn't help the state her mind was in.

His words kept repeating in her head.

But it wasn't Soobin's fault for not liking her. A person couldn't force emotions. What had happened to her? Why did she mealt so easily?

Why did his chocolate brown eyes pierce her heart? Why did his raspy voice make her head spin?

All her thoughts would end at the same spiral.

Soobin didn't like her.

***

Soobin's manager called him to tell him about his schedule for the week.

It was the usual filming To Do, vocal lessons, dance lessons, Japanese lessons, recording music, and lyrics analysis.

The only thing newly added was meeting with Arin and her manager on Wednesdays to discuss further strategies to handle the recent scandal.

The fans weren't convinced it was real. Twitter was flooding with controversial theories and analysis videos, which somehow proved that they were in an act and not truly in love with each other. Although he would have never admitted it even if he was paid a million won, he had watched a few of the videos. He was surprised at the micro analysis that the fans made, and them backing up their claims with video graphic evidence.

Soobin felt his head throb. Mindlessly, he kept a cup in the coffee maker and pressed the button for a cappuccino.

Taking a sip of the hot beverage, he went over his notes of lyrics he recently wrote, it didnt click with him. It seemed more of an essay than words of deeper meaning that could be added in a melody. He kept tearing and throwing the paper in the bin on the corner of the room.

Frustrated, he grabbed the notebook and flung it across the room, his eyes widening.

Beomgyu came in with a box of mochi. He was taken aback but didn't express it.

"Oh, Choi Beomgyu." Soobin said, seeing him.

"Hyung, you were working hard, so I got you some food." Beomgyu said, unsure to what was appropriate to say when he met an angry leader.

"Thanks, Beomgyu-ya."

"Is there anything bothering you?" Beomgyu asked, concerned.

"You know it." He replied ashamed.

Beomgyu took a deep breath. He wanted to help Soobin, yet he and all the members couldn't wrap their head around the fact that the scandal had happened. Even during the music bank days when Soobin and Arin were MCs, the members hadn't teased Soobin about Arin because they knew that it was purely a professional relation.

With hundreds of thoughts in his mind, Beomgyu just patted Soobin's shoulder, pursing his lips.

Soobin was thankful for his silent support.

"I'll get ready for the filming of To Do." Soobin said, getting up, his lips thin and dimples showing. He so desperately tried to hide the frown on his forehead.

Tomorrow is Wednesday.

He didn't know how to face her. Or the K-pop fans.

His life was out of his control, and he had to do something, and he had to do it fast.

***

Soobin walked into the conference room with his manager. He bowed when he saw Arin sitting with her manager.