16

Min Hyun knew that something was utterly wrong as he saw Arin come to the penthouse way earlier than he thought she would. And she was alone.

Where was Mark, he thought.

As Arin drew closer, his eyes despaired the expression on her face. Her face was red behind the makeup, her eyes wet with free falling tears, and the joy she had before meeting Mark was no longer on her face.

"Please leave everyone, I'll deal with the payment later." Min Hyun said as Arin came so close to him that there was barely an inch between their faces. People from the decorations company bowed and left. The front door was an automatic lock, so Min Hyun didn't worry about it too much.

"He... he..." Arin started, unable to string words together into a coherent sentence. The shock was too great.

The 5 years she knew him, the 4 years they dated, it all came down to nothingness.

"Arin, I'm listening. What happened?" Min Hyun said as his forehead wrinkled. He hated seeing her like that.

He met her on the set of their drama together. They weren't cast opposite to each other but engaged in conversations due to the nature of their profession. Min Hyun and Arin were idols and actors who would understand their tardiness better than someone having the exact same schedule.

He often found himself waiting for lunch breaks so he could go to her vanity and converse of their shared love for food. He liked how well I was aware she was for an idol. There was so much more to her personality than the love for singing, 5 acting. How she knew random facts about uncanny animals and countries, how aware she was about the hunger and famine in the world. She was a rare person who lived beyond the bubble of a perfect world.

And gosh, he did like her. So much. But he knew she had a boyfriend who was also an idol from NCT. So Min Hyun knew but to keep his distance and never reveal his feelings. Slowly, they became closer, and hence, their friendship started.

Arin had begged Min Hyun to help her to do something special for Mark's birthday. He had initially declined, but he had to accept her offer because he melted at her Doe eyes.

And then there she was, standing infornt of him with tears falling down her eyes and that broke his heart.

"He.. 5 years meant nothing. .. Min Hyun." Arin spoke, her throat hurting from all the crying.

Min Hyun stopped himself from holding her to comfort her. How could a man hurt someone as angelic, intelligent  and kind as Arin. It filled him with rage.

Min Hyun noticed a briuse on the palm of Arin's hand. He held her hand and raised it to inspect as his eyes widened.

"What is this?" He asked, sounding a lot harsher than he expected to say it, "Answer me, Arin."

Seeing her silence and knowing the answer to the question, he walked out.

Arin blopped to the ground. Fragile, weak, unwanted... and the worst of all, alone.

Even her best friend left her. Gosh, she truly was miserable and lonely. She was so tired that her eyelids felt heavy and started to shut down.

Just when she heard familiar footsteps echo. She didn't realise Min Hyun had come inside with a first aid kit. He kneeled in front of her as he rummaged through the contents of the first aid box. He found an ointment for brusies and ever gently took her arm with his had as he applied the cool balm over her bruise.

Keeping the first aid box aside, he helped her stand up, but it was a pain to Arin as her legs felt wobbly, and before she knew it, she fell to the gro-