Chapter Five: Sex Life

"What time is it?" I mumbled from the bed. Sitting up, I tried to take in Jake's room—slightly messy with books laying around and posters stuck on the wall. It was cozy and warm—I never wanted to leave. So I didn't.

"It's 2.30 in the morning—is your mom expecting you?" Jake called out from the bathroom, poking his head out with a toothbrush in his mouth. "She shouldn't be—I'm due for a grounding anyway. Are you out on patrol today?"

"No," he sighed as he fell back on the bed, "I asked Paul to cover my shift so that I could talk to you."

"I might just forgive you for everything you've ever done to me if you keep this solid behavior up." I praised him as I fell back next to him. "So, what do you want to know?"

"I would like a bit of everything—imprinting, your crush on Bella, ignoring me, and whatever the hell I'm feeling right now."

"Imprinting on someone is like when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden, it's not gravity holding you to the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You do anything, be anything for her." Jake trailed off, slowly regulating his breathing as he stared at the ceiling above. "Is that what happened when we met?"

"Yeah, I could feel everything you felt from that day onwards—even though mostly you would just be thinking about me. I won't say anything because you are constantly on my mind." His smile was addictive, beautiful even—I couldn't help but fall for him since that day. "That was the most mortally unbelievable experience ever."

"I'd liked Bella since I was sixteen—there isn't anything special about her, but I still liked her anyway. I thought I was in love with her at some point, but I always knew I didn't imprint on her. After Edward left for New York, I thought I had a chance, but she was hopelessly missing him. I don't know what possessed me that I was so retarded I didn't even address you properly. It's a gray area—my affection for Bella would be the major reason. The last stage of imprinting is acceptance from the imprinted and imprintee—your soul is complete and you will never feel the same without each other."

"My soul feels heavy," I muttered. Jake laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist and resting his face in the crook of my neck. "Mine too."

"Is it okay if we keep this from everyone for a while? Y'know, let them be focused on the threat instead of us."

"Believe me, we can't predict what they're gonna do."

***

"This is way too funny." I was screaming under all the loud music and screaming. Emmett was slow dancing with Jasper and they were re-enacting the Titanic. "My Rose, will you be with me forever?"

"No, I'm the only one who can fit on this damn door. Don't worry, I hear the Atlantic is very warm nowadays." Jasper pushed Emmett off of him and the latter faked his death. "And to think I drew you with all my focus."

"That bitch!" I cried as I tore the movie poster that instigated this whole drama. "We have something!"

Everyone gathered in the private room we had decided to stay in until the graduation party got over. "We can't go to Seattle. They're coming here."

"What?" I asked, confused at Alice's words. Discreetly moving closer to Jake, I tried to comprehend what was happening. "They'll be here in four days."

"This could turn into a bloodbath," Carlisle confirmed my suspicions. "Who's behind it?"

"I didn't see anyone I recognized," Alice answered before pausing, "Maybe one."

"I know his face. He's local—Riley Biers. He didn't start this."