Chapter Fifteen: Werewolf Culture

"Her body is already showing rapid transformation—the latest she'll be up is by tomorrow." I bounced Renesmee on my hip as Carlisle explained Bella's condition to us. Everyone was happy now—Edward would finally be with his mate, Nessie with her mom, Bella would be immortal, and Jake and I were welcoming a new addition to our family. "I haven't seen a transformation that fast—two days is such a short time."

"The venom was injected directly into her heart—it didn't take much time to spread."

"I just hope she wakes up soon," I mumbled as Rose eagerly took Renesmee out of my arms. "Time's up."

"Don't worry about anything. Especially not now," Carlisle warned, glancing at my stomach. A small bump was present, but it wasn't visible. "I'm not stressing—I'm hoping."

"Either way, don't stress."

Almost two days had passed after Bella had given birth and fallen unconscious—two days since she was turned. The house had been silent, awaiting her responsiveness. We would all check up on her—she was showing a lot of improvement. Her skin had hardened and become pale, her features were more defined and she was no longer breathing nor was her heart beating. 

You know, the usual—literally.

I thought it was about time I got a check-up done—boy was I surprised. I was about one month along, which would take me back to the night Jake came back for Edward and Bella's wedding. It seemed like I was already in my second trimester—we'd spent the past two days researching werewolf pregnancies. Carlisle said that it typically last 3-4 months and I should be prepared at all times. 

I took great care not to alert anyone that I was carrying a child—if I'd told people I was pregnant now and had given birth two months later, there wouldn't be a suitable explanation for that. Amidst everything, Jake and I were doing pretty well with the news, but the question still remained.

How was this possible?

Of course, we were aware of the wonders of reproduction, but what happened was supposed to be something that cannot be achieved. I couldn't find any suitable explanation for it, and neither could anyone else. 

This was the first time a werewolf hybrid had been conceived. 

Jieza collected my DNA sample a few days ago—she was the first person I'd told. The results would be ready by tonight, and the anticipation was killing me. What if there was something wrong with me, or worse, what if there was something wrong with the baby?

"I can't wait to hold another baby—this one's growing too fast." Rose cradled Renesmee as she looked at me. Rose was the happiest out of all—maybe even more than me—and I was the Mommy. It didn't bother her that the baby would be half of something she hated—she'd learned to accept the wolves and no longer carried any hatred towards them.

Rose wasn't the only one who was excited about the baby's arrival—Leah was pretty excited too. The rest of the pack didn't know about it, but my heart ached when I could no longer visit them. Jieza would often talk about them—how miserable they were because Jake, Leah, and Seth had left. 

"She's about to get up." Edward was grinning like a fool, but who wouldn't? We were all happy we could see Bella awake and healthy again. 

7.03 AM.

The sun was meekly shining in the sky—it was one of the rare days when it didn't rain around here. Jake had dragged me out of bed extra early with the promise of a waffle and a kiss. Hours had passed by now, and we all took turns playing with Nessie. Seth hadn't left the house since the baby girl was born and he wasn't planning to leave anytime soon. 

It had been a few minutes since anyone spoke when we heard a loud grunt coming from the room. "I think Edward just figured out how strong a certain somebody is."

"Lina and I should get going—really can't be here when Bella finds out about..." Jake paused to look at Seth carrying Renesmee, "Really shouldn't be here when that happens."

"We'll see her first thing tomorrow?"

***

"I got Celine to test your sample and surprise—you are pregnant. We traced roots back to Vincent Clairmont, your father—he was very distantly related to the Makah tribe through his extended family. Mind you—your paternal side wasn't always wizards but originated from wolves. As time passed, no one in your family phased because they weren't closely related to wolves anymore. It must have skipped a few generations because most of the women in your family have no relation to werewolf culture."

As Jieza explained, my eyes were focused on the whiteboard—she had drawn a family pyramid where she explained what had happened. "Why did it skip a few generations?"

"That, I am not sure of—your father was an excellent wizard, God bless his soul, but your family hasn't been associated with werewolves in over three hundred years. It is possible that after Jacob imprinted on you, that force inside might've ignited—and the more you were around wolves, the relation with your ancestors became more prominent."

"Who was related to the Makah tribe?" Jake asked curiously. This was hurting my brain—I didn't know my family extended that far. "Kiara Young."

I sat up immediately. "My great-great-grandmother? She was a renowned witch—she was the sixth headmistress of our wizarding school. She was related to wolves?"

"Kiara Young is related to Emily's family—I think Leah told me about someone from her family who ran away to pursue something else because she lost her parents in the war between the cold ones and the tribes."

"Well, shit. I didn't know this was gonna be the case. The Young family is closely related to the Quileute tribe—Harry married Sue, and Sam imprinted on Emily. This means that Alina is related to both Leah and Seth." Jieza gasped. "This is way too much information for right now."

"I think there is more information about Kiara in London—that was the last place she was seen before she disappeared. I think you'll find something if you search for answers over there. After the baby is born, of course. Celine found this key at Gringott's Vault—it belonged to Kiara." Jieza handed me a key to what was supposed to be Kiara Young's house now.

"In due time."