Chapter Ten: Makeout Parties

"Hey, have you seen Jake?" Embry asked as he jogged into my house. I hummed in response, pointing toward the backyard where loud growls could be heard. "Thanks."

"How do you already have a book in your hand?" Paul grabbed the book and examined it. It was an old copy of 'Quintessence: A Quest' that I'd managed to snatch from Jieza's prized book collection. "It's Jieza's—don't ruin it."

"Oi! Is that my book?"

Speak of the devil. Jieza had traipsed down the stairs to find her book in Paul's hands. "Jiez this is Paul, he's part of the werewolf pack—Paul, this is Jieza Hastings, my best friend from California."

"Paul doesn't have a last name?" Jieza snickered. "Lahote!"

"Asked and answered."

We turned around to see who had entered the house—my own which now felt a little too much like Sam's. Jared had run from La Push in search of his friends, who decided to make themselves welcome in my home. "Hey Lina, you see Jacob?"

"Don't punch the living shit out of me!" a scream echoed from the backyard. The four of us decided to check it out—make sure that Jake didn't kill Embry. "Jake—how long is your anger management gonna go on for?"

"Just a little while, baby!" He grunted as he chased Embry around the backyard. The situation was very comical—Embry in one corner and Jake in the other, Paul ready to jump in, and Jieza and Jared peeling in laughter.

"Can you get your boyfriend far away fr—" Embry went silent as he looked at Jieza, who's stopped laughing with only an amused smile on her face. He didn't stop staring at the girl, and neither did she. I was starting to think that they were going crazy after all that laughing—until Embry ran up to us and kissed Jieza.

"I think that's enough sparring for one day."

***

"Embry and Jieza—I can't believe it."

Jake handed me a cup of coffee and he laughed. "Wolf telepathy isn't that rusty—he imprinted on her alright."

"They're complete opposites. Jieza is wacky and hilarious and she's always getting in trouble. Embry's sweet and quiet and he's so shy..." I trailed off, taking a big gulp from my mug. "That is what surprised you? Not the fact that they were making out five seconds after he did it?"

"I wanted to keep that image off my mind, but no—thank you for your service, Black. It's not surprising actually."

"She didn't even stop him." Jake was so astounded by the fact that they had never spoken a word to each other—never even met each other until that moment and she just kissed him back without in need of an explanation.

"Jieza throws the best makeout parties—they were so cool that the California police are like our buddies now." I smiled in reminiscence of the parties that we would throw every weekend during the summer. "I'm sorry, I think I'm not hearing right—I thought you said our buddies."

"Yeah, Jieza's parties usually ended up at my house," I laughed. Big mistake telling Jake that I used to go to makeout parties up until last year. "Pretty sure they weren't as good as this."

Jake leaned in and kissed me hard—the magnitude of the force caused me to fall on my back. Our hips were flush and his hands traveled up my body, eliciting soft moans from me. My lips parted as grabbed my thigh—his tongue slipped into my mouth. My hands found their way around his neck, instinctively pulling him closer. He pulled away for a second, leaving me breathless, and as his lips touched my neck, he bit down. I exhaled slowly as his teeth nipped on the sensitive skin, groaning as the marks began to form. 

My phone started to ring loudly, and I rolled my eyes. Jake groaned in frustration as he pulled himself away from me. I smiled softly, giving him a small peck before answering the call.

"It's really late, Alice," I told the girl with a sigh. Alice never really had a sense of what exactly time was—the whole concept of time seemed like a waste of time to her. Ever since I've known the vampire—she'd go on for hours talking my ear off without having thought about my mortality or my sleep schedule.

"It's kind of important. Are you alone?" I kept forgetting that Alice couldn't see my future anymore since I'd met Jake, who was sitting on the couch with a curious expression. Of course, this dumbass could hear everything. 

"No, I'll go out—tell me."

I attempted to move out of the house, only to have Jake block my way. He whispered a 'what is it' as I left the room, mumbling 'i'll tell you soon'.

"Alice, no one's within earshot—I hope. What happened?" I was worried because the usually chirpy Alice was silent and afraid today. Her voice trembled—as if she was deeply concerned about something. 

"Bella and Edward are coming back from their honeymoon on the next flight." Alice started but stopped as she sought to collect her thoughts. 

"I thought they'd be gone for two more weeks. What happened, trouble in paradise?"

Alice was almost close to sobbing her eyes out, and maybe making a joke wasn't the best thing to do in the situation. "Bella is pregnant."

"What the hell are you on about? Please tell me this is some sick joke," I whispered into my phone. Alice whimpered—she wouldn't be calling me at this time prepared to joke around with me. She never got scared, and this genuinely upset her. 

"I'm not joking, Alina. Bella was throwing up, and then she said she missed her period. Now she has a small baby bump and the fetus is already kicking her!" Alice was horrified, but so was I. Who knew what the hell was growing inside Bella? It could be a merciless monster—one that would kill Bella and rip her body in half trying to get out of her. On the other hand, it could be a sweet, innocent baby with blood pumping through her human veins along with the venom from her vampiric body. 

"We don't know what it is, but whatever happens—don't tell Jacob."