Chapter Twenty-Two: Christmas Wish

"Hes, don't run!"

"Mommy, you need to exercise. You're so fat!" I thought that by now I'd finally trained myself not to get hurt by my three-year-old's words, but damn it, she was just like me. Hestia ran off with Yellowy—the pet giraffe that Renesmee had passed on to her. Evan snorted. "Now do you regret not going to that adoption center? She's a nuisance I tell you, a nuisance!"

"Evan, don't talk like that about your sister. Hesty, stop running—Mommy worked so hard to get you all nice and pretty for your picture and we don't wanna make her sad, do we?" I smiled as Jake caught Hestia by her tiny waist. She struggled for five seconds, relentlessly kicking around as her father laughed. "Daddy, I was so close to reaching the North Pole. Santa's expecting me!"

"My God, we don't wanna keep him waiting, but I heard Santa doesn't like little girls who don't listen to their mommies and daddies."

"Mommy!" My little girl screamed. I picked her up as she ran toward me with a frightened frown. "What is it, munchkin?"

"I need to tell my baby sister that Daddy's a Santa whisperer," Hestia whispered in my ears as I giggled. I set her down and kneeled next to her, watching gleefully as she whispered something to my stomach before sprinting away. Jake raised a brow confusedly as I grinned like a fool. "Hello there, Santa whisperer."

"Hello there, Santa whisperer's wife." I laughed as Jake pressed his lips on mine. I'd never lost that feeling he gave me when he kissed me—it still felt as fresh as it did seven years ago. I looked into his eyes, watching the twinkle in his eye with much engrossment. "What?"

"Just thinking about everything that's happened because you came into my life."

"Oh, yeah? And," I paused to roll my eyes at his mellow expression, "How's that going?"

"A house I love, a pack I lead, and two children I would die for—waiting for my third one's pretty nice too. Not to mention my incredible wife, who I love and cherish—it's not bad. It's not good, it's amazing."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 🎉