chapter 18

so I realized I haven't updated in literally a year and probably no one will read this but this here is for my good pal raven

***

Savannahs POV

Everything was seriously weird at the moment.

Harry was crying.

His father looked like he just found out his house burned down.

I looked over at him and looked back at the door which had just slammed. Dammit Harry.

I raced after him, determined to catch him this time before he went somewhere that I couldn't find him.

"Harry!" I yelled.

"Harry please!" I said loudly again, catching up to him.

He turned around and looked at me, but quickly looked at the ground.

"What is happening?"

"Savannah- we- we just cant," he stopped. "We can't be together."

The breath was knocked out of me and it felt like it took me a lifetime to make any kind of sense as to what the person I'd grown to love ultimately just told me.

"What?" I asked, but my voice cracked.

"Don't make me say it again," he said quietly, still refusing to look at me.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, quietly sobbing myself. I was really getting tired of crying.

"You don't understand," he said.

"No, you don't understand. Do not think you're just going to leave me without telling me," I said, my tears and anger merging together.

"Dammit, if I told you, you would hate me so it doesn't really matter and you're better off not knowing!" He said, angrier.

My eyes drooped in sadness. "When we first were together, I would be eaten alive at the fact that I wasn't being honest with you, about Chad. I didn't think you would understand either," I chuckled and his anger began to dissapate. "But you did Harry. And you let me find a way through the dark and it's my turn to help you," I said, trying to keep more tears from falling.

The man that stood in front of me has become my entire life. He had helped me in ways that no one could and he loved me in ways that no one had. I needed him.

"You can tell me Harry. I promise you no matter what it is, it will not change a damn thing between me and you. You're all I have, Harry," I said and I knew there were countless tears streaming down and I couldn't stop them.

"But it will hurt you and I'm so tired of people hurting you," he said and I couldn't help but smile.

I looked up at him and he sighed.

"My dad he-," he stopped trying to find the right words.

"He what Harry?" I gently urged him.

"He was the one who got in an accident with your parents."

I was stunned. Out of all the things I expected him to say- that was not it.

"I-" I began but didn't know what to say.

"Listen to me Savannah. I am so sorry what he did to you.." he started to say more, trying to comfort me but the voices in my head were louder.

Everything began to go through my mind. Chad. Harry. My parents. The hospital. The gun. The kidnapper. The jail. The alcohol. Everything.

But out of all the things, the most maybe insignificant out of all of it explicitly went through my mind.

"Come here," she said with a shaky breath.

I reluctantly walked over. She was having one of her strange dizzy spells and I liked to keep a safe distance when that was going on.

She took hold of my hair and gently ran her fingers around the tips. She didn't make eye contact with me.

"I need to tell you something, that I want you to remember."

I nodded.

"No matter what indecency any human or any creature does do upon you, you must understand with all of your mind that everything under the sun, happens for a reason."

My eyes snapped up to Harry, who seemed to still be apologizing and I stopped him.

"It's okay," I said and strangely, I smiled.

He looked very thrown off.

"When I was younger, the woman who kidnapped me told me something and somehow, I just remembered.." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"Harry, if my parents wouldn't have died, I would've never had to move to oklahoma with my aunt and uncle. I would have never met Chad.. I would have never met you..."

He began to realize what I was saying. "You would take that just so you could meet me?" he asked.

I latched my small hands on his wrists and the warmth of his skin made me realize I never wanted to be anywhere else.

"If your dad wouldn't have forced you to move to oklahoma you would've never met me?" I asked, more in question form.

"Yeah my life really fucking sucks," he laughed and I did with him.

"I'm not saying that I would've wanted a better life, but I finally see now what life is, I guess," I said, not sure I would ever be able to find the right words to say.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the entire world, Savannah," he said, which caught me off guard a little. His nice and charming words never ceased to make me feel happy.

I wrapped my arms around his back and placed my head on his chest.

"I love you," he whispered against my ear and I don't think I had ever felt true happiness and true pain combining so perfectly, that it was only to be seen as peace.

"I love you too."