chapter 11

HARRYS POV

I rushed through the medical doors and asked for a Savannah Jackson. They told me the room number and I shot down the hall. My breathing was out of control and it was hard to process one complete thought.

I burst through room 109 and there she was. This girl I had come to love. This girl who was hurting. Who probably wanted death more than life.

But I wanted her more than life.

She layed there, eyes closed. Pale. So pale. But even in this state, she was more beautiful than any other girl out there.

Stacy looked up with her makeup smeared across her face.

"Whats wrong? What happened?" I croaked.

"I-I don't know. I just walked in on her completely passed out and when we were taking her to the emergency room, she woke up. She couldn't say any complete sentence. All she kept asking was- "Where's Harry". She was in some sort of daze. She fell asleep about 10 minutes after we layed her on the bed," she sobbed.

I felt a tear prick in the corner of my eye. "Why is this happening to her?" I asked.

Stacy stood up and hugged me and I couldn't help but sob into her shoulder.

***

I sat there for at least 4 hours. Stacy had went home by then. I just couldn't. I couldn't leave her, not like this. It was 7 in the morning and I hadn't taken my gaze off her yet.

I rubbed my thumb across her cheek and across her lip.  "You don't deserve this. You don't deserve any of this baby," I said quietly.

Her eyes fluttered open and my heart sped up.

She looked at me and her eyes became distant and afraid.

"Hi are you okay?" I asked.

"Um. Im fine? Wh-Where am I? What happened? Who are you?" she asked and my heart dropped into my stomach.