chapter 16

Call Me - Shinedown

Second Chance - Shinedown

Savin' Me - Nickelback

One Last Breath - Creed

(^ literally some of my all time favorite songs, highly recommend them)

***

We're all in the same game.

Just different levels.

All in the same hell.

Just different devils.

***

He folded up the paper and put it in his pocket.

"I never realized how completely lame that was," Harry laughed and I hit him on the arm.

"Your words," I chuckled. "I dont know if you want to hear it, but your dad wanted me to tell you he's sorry & he deserves it. He also understands if you dont want to come to the wedding.."

He didn't say anything. His gaze stayed on the young boy & dad.

"Do you remember when I told you you were broken and I wasnt the one to fix you?" he asked.

I cringed and nodded.

"I didn't sleep that night. And not just because of what I said.. but how completely hypocritical it was... That was the first time I'd been in my house in over 2 years.." he sighed again. "And when I go back, I completely destroy it.."

I nodded again, not sure where he was going with this.

He looked down, frustrated.

I dont think he knew where he was going with it.

"Harry?" I asked, putting my hand on his back.

"I guess.. What I'm trying to say.. Is you were right.." he said.

"About what?" I asked quietly.

"My mom. She would want this. She would want us to move on," he said, playing with his thumbs.

I smiled and took his hand.

"What a mature thing for an immature boy," I laughed and he glared at me.

I smiled back at him and his features quickly softened.

HARRYS POV

She was such an idiot. A cute idiot. My cute idiot. That thought brought a smile to my face.

She was smiling at me and the sun was at a perfect angle, reflecting off her face.

I sat up slowly, not breaking our eye contact. I put my hand under chin and gently put my lips on hers.

"You're kind of an idiot," I mumbled.

She scoffed, pulled back and said, "Kinda?"

I rolled my eyes and she laughed.

I stood up. "Let's go back. I was going to surprise you with a dinner there, and hell. We're gonna eat dinner there," I said.

***

SAVANNAHS POV

I wasnt gonna lie, I was a little nervous. I told Harry we were going to help clean it up, and he wasn't too happy, but obliged.

We pulled into the driveway and got out. Harry hadnt talked much on the way here and I could tell he was a little nervous too.

We knocked on the door and Liam immediately opened it.

"Hey! You guys are back?" he looked happy and I was surprised. We just ransacked your house.

I laughed and we came in. The house was completely clean and I gasped.

Liams mom was on the floor cleaning a spot up and I immediately felt bad.

Harrys dad shot up. "You guys are back?" he asked happily.

Harry didn't say anything.

Liams step mom saw us and stood up, running over.

"Harry we are so sorry we didn't tell you. We didn't know how.." she trailed off. She was really nice, I could tell.

He didn't say anything, just kept his gaze down. After a few seconds, he spoke up. "It-It's okay."

I smiled, but not big as his mom, well step or whatever. Damn what even is her name?

A few tears pricked the corner of her eyes. "You don't know how happy we are Harry," she said as his dad wrapped his hand around hers. "Well here! I had some food cooking in the over, please eat dinner with us?"

I smiled and nodded and so did Harry.

***

We all sat down around a nice table and a surge of emotion went through me.

I've never had this.

"Do you want some wine?" Jane, I found out her name, asked.

Harry looked a little worried, but I needed some.

I nodded and she poured some into a glass.

"So, Savannah is it?" Allan asked strangely, taking a drink of wine.

"Yes, Savannah Jackson," I said and then he immediately started to choke on his drink.

HARRYS POV

What the hell?

Why is he acting like this? It's already weird enough.

"So where were you from?" he asked.

"Well I'm from Nebraska, but I moved here in 2008," she said.

"Do you're parents live around here?" he asked quietly.

I glared at him.

"Oh. I dont-" she started and I cut her off.

"You don't have to," I said.

"No its okay," she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"They died in a car accident around the time I moved," she said, looking down.

I saw pity engulf Liam & Jane's eyes but when I looked at my dad, I saw fear and anguish. Nostalgia? What the hell is wr-.

I stopped.

2008.

Car accident.

My blood went to ice.

My dad was in a car accident in 2008.