chapter 15

I looked up into Harrys sad eyes.

"What?" I asked, quietly.

Maybe I'm the broken one.

Suddenly, we heard the door shut and we looked up.

It was a man and a woman, that looked their late 40's.

I assumed it was Harrys dad & soon to be step mom.

The woman was very pretty. Her face seemed loving and kind. I could only hope as much.

But her face was, at the moment, full of shock and sadness.

Oh.

I looked around at what had once been a lovely home. But was now somewhat destroyed by the violence and anger of her soon to be child.

"Wh-What happened? Harry?" she asked timidly.

Harrys eyes widened when he realized what he had done.

Then they quickly morphed back into sadness at this woman that had done him no wrong.

He then started half walking, half running toward the door and he was out with a slam.

"Im-Im so sorry," I stuttered.

She didn't reply. She just stared at the endless clutter.

Harrys father and Liam soon came in after.

I stood there, not sure how to ever apologize for Harrys awful behavior.

"Wh-What happened?" his dad asked.

Liam then took it upon himself to explain what had happened.

His dad, I'm pretty sure I remember Harry saying his name was Allan, sat down and sighed.

"I should've told him sooner," he said. "God what a screw up I am with him."

I looked down and he seemed to finally notice my appearance.

"Oh hello. I'm Allan, Harrys dad," he said kindly. "You are?"

"Oh, I'm Harrys girlfriends," I said a tad nervously.

What will he think of me? This is his dad..

"Wow. Really? Harry is dating? He hasn't had a girlfriend since, well since.. God I can't even remember. Anyway. I'm surprised, how'd he reel someone as pretty as yourself in?"

I smiled. "Just British charm," I laughed and he laughed with me.

Then Liam cane in and patted my shoulder.

"No way Harry deserves someone as good as Savannah here," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes playfully.

I really should be checking to see where Harry went.

Allan sighed and rested his head in his hands.

"I was such a shit father. I was a drunk. I never gave Harry the time of day," he chuckled but his eyes were glazed over in pain. "I remember, Harry use to always, always try to get me to go to this duck pond over on Bloomer Lake and I never would. I would stay home and drink. And drink. And drink," he choked on the last word, wiping away an escape tear.

I put my head down, wiping away my own tear.

He leaned back in his chair.

"Savannah?" he asked and I looked up.

"Harry probably isn't going to ever wanna see me again, let alone come to the wedding, but if you could, please. Please tell him that no matter what I have done in the past, that I love him. And I will no matter what. And I deserve any shit he wants to give me," he said, tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.

I nodded, quickly wiping away my fallen tears. "Of course," I managed to say. "I should go find him now."

He nodded and I turned to leave.

I looked out and his car was still there. I looked through the window and he wasnt there.

I checked my phone. Nothing.

I started to get a little worried, wondering where he was.

I got in my car and put the key into the ignition.

I was such a shit father.

I was a drunk.

Clips, almost as from a movie, played back in my mind of the utter hurt this man had for his mistakes.

Something finally clicked and I knew where Harry was.

***

I pulled into the small parking lot and spotted him on out farther. Before I opened the door, I pulled out a piece of paper and pen.

When I finished writing what I wanted, I stepped out into the cool summer breeze.

I started walking toward Harry, who was sitting on a bench, outlooking the lake.

I remember Harry use to always, always try to get me to go to this duck pond over on Bloomer Lake and I never would.

I sat down next to Harry and he looked over, somewhat startled.

"Hey," I said looking out at the lake.

There was a young boy and his father feeding the ducks and I couldn't help but feel complete grief for Harry.

"Hey," he said back, resting a hand on my thigh.

I placed my hand on top of his and sighed.

"Never. Not once. Out of all the times I asked him, he never would take me. I would end up running away just to come down here.."  he trailed off. "And I would watch as their was always a  father and son would feed the ducks so happily. So happily," he said, his voice cracking on that last word.

I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around his mid waist, laying my head on his shoulder.

I took out the piece of paper and opened his hand and placed it in his palm.

He carefully unfolded it and began to read. I smiled as I settled back into his chest.

I said the same words the letter said, over and over again in my mind, memorizing the most perfect words.

We're all damaged Harry.

But you will never hear me say I desire to fix you. Because that would mean (in some way shape or form) you were broken. And you can tell me about all the battles you claim you've lost and the monsters who have trampled your heart. It won't change the fact that you still love with the utmost compassion under the utmost detrimental conditions. So, love, please believe me when I say that the last thing you need is fixing.

***

(HI OMG ITS LIKE 2 IN THE MORNING AND MY FINGERS HURT BUT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS UPDATE I HOPE YOU LIKE IT THANKS FOR .9K READS :)) PLS READ MY NEW LUKE FANFIC "END UP HERE" OH AND HUGE NEWSSS! I MADE A TRAILER FOR THIS FANFIC AND THE LUKE ONE GO CHECK THEM OUT ON @recklessirwxn MY INSTAGRAM ♡♡♡♡♡♡ I love you.)