Chapter 25

A/N: I'm actually surprised to see myself back here, too! I forgot I'd had started an extra chapter of 'Spotlight the Sequel' in my files years ago. Originally, I was planning on ending this "franchise" at two stories because I didn't know what else to write about. But what inspired me to start again was reading more romance books! It turns out, reading does help you become a better writer. I ran away from this story for a good eight years because I didn't know how to properly end it. It was my little baby for the previous 6 years, and I was afraid if I'd kept writing more chapters, I'd lose the essence of Edward & Bella's musical love story. Especially now that they're grown, married with a kid and all that. Living their parental, rockstar lives! But it's different now. They're not in high school anymore. What's left to talk about?

However, the only person that can end the story is me. So I got to try to do them justice. I'll keep going until the wheels fall off.

Previously...

Edward brushed my eyes with his thumbs and kissed my lips softly. "I never really know what to say when you talk about your parents, but it's only because I've never felt that. I've never felt the pain of losing a parent. But you're right, they're still here." He lay a hand on top of mine on my chest. "And here." He caressed my temple towards the side of my head. "And I can see parts of your mom in Carlie, too. She's so sweet and observant. She sees everything. And she makes sure that everyone around her is happy, just like your mom did. Your parents will always be with you, everywhere. I'll miss them, too. I really liked your father." He smiled, and I kissed him again, snuggling deeper into his arms.

"Thank you for understanding." I said, feeling better and loving my family even more, past and present.

~oOo~

Carlisle emailed us the next morning saying that "Never Grow Up" was nominated for a Grammy!

But before Edward, Carlie and I could celebrate, I had to run to the bathroom because I felt sick. I guessed after last night's talk about my parents stirred up some old feelings, but never to a point where it took a toll on my physical body. Edward held my hair back as I felt a dizzy spell pass, and he helped me back into bed.

"We should call Carlisle back." Edward said.

"No, it's fine. I'm just..." I trailed off.

"Just what?"

I counted back a few days since my last period. I looked back to the bathroom pantry, to my box of pads and tampons.

"Bella?"

I came out of my trance and stood up to get my box. "How old is Carlie, Edward?" I asked, wondering.

"She's almost two. Why? Do you think you're....again...? When? How?" He asked, rushing over to take my hands.

"Remember when we got home last month from your 'Addicted' video? And right after the shoot in the trailer?"

He nodded nervously. "Oh...right." he smiled.

I smiled back, a slight blush rising in my cheeks as I remembered the passion of that night. "So, if I am pregnant again, what's going to happen?"

He shrugged and walked to pull me closer. "We'll make it work. We'll be okay. We'll tour some more and take a break when you can't perform anymore, just like we did with Carlie. We'll fight and argue about whether we're having a boy or girl, again." I giggled in his chest, my heart already full at his wild imagination. "We'll have as many babies as we want, and we'll love them all the same."

"I'm okay with two, if that's fine with you." I said seriously, but with still a smile on my face for my sweet husband. He kissed my hair, forehead, and nose then lips. I deepened the kiss. "But even if I'm not pregnant, it's okay, because I have you, and Carlie and everyone else in our crazy-ass family, so." I shrugged.

"So, you're calling me crazy?" he joked and picked me up over his shoulder. Laughing, I smacked his butt, begging him to put me down.

"You're going to hurt the maybe-baby flipping me over like that!" I shrieked as he crawled up the bed on top of me.

"Maybe-baby? You don't want to take a test to make sure?"

"I should, shouldn't I? But I'm lazy right now," I smiled, pretending to sleep on his chest.

"But we have to celebrate our Grammy nomination."

"I can't believe 'Never Grow Up' got in though. Our little song for Carlie."

"I know. Things are changing so fast."

"Yeah. It'll be fun to have a Grammy under our belts, but it's not something we need, you know?"

"Yeah, and it's like you said a few years ago when we got nominated the first time—you felt like that loss would make us push harder and do more in DOTP, and it did. We took some time off to do other things and projects and stuff, but we still came back to each other. I really missed you." He smiled, his eyes crinkled at the sides.

"Aww I missed you, too." I kissed him and cuddled into his arms. "And we have pushed harder as a band, as a couple, everything else. I liked doing other projects of my own or with friends and family, but I'd missed just this. Being with you, married to you, having another baby, all of that tied together for an amazing life."

~oOo~

We announced our Grammy nominations online and to our family and friend, and they freaked out, especially Rose and Alice. Our fans got excited and started trending topics for us on Twitter and Facebook, and Instagram.

I took a pregnancy test, and I tested positive! We called Carlisle, and he told us to come over to his office to confirm, just in case. He also confirmed that I was about 3 weeks pregnant. We told everyone else in our family, and they were really excited for us.

"You guys should do a maternity shoot for this second baby!" Alice gasped excitedly, and I rolled my eyes playfully. "What? You barely did anything for Carlie's announcement."

"That's because I was busy pushing out a watermelon-sized head out of my tiny hole!" I remarked. But I glanced at Edward's fading smile at me. His deep green eyes looked down at our interlaced hands, then placed a hand over my small belly. I held his hand on top of his and sighed. "Maybe we could do a small photoshoot for them ---" I started, but Alice's squeezing my middle in an aggressive hug cut me off.

"Ohmygosh, I know the perfect photographer for you!!" she squealed. "You're going to have so much fun!"

What did I get myself into?