Chapter 7

Previously...

"Yay!" Ben helped Angela waddle over to the deejay to ask him to play our song. He nodded and changed from the last song that played to the beginning chords of "Long Live the Kids." I beamedand felt Edward bring me close and kiss my hair.

He started to sway with me to the beat of our song that we'd worked so hard for, that we fought, pushed, and shed blood, sweat and tears for. I wanted the whole world to know that we weren't going anywhere when it came to each other. That we'd keep going for as long as we could while still keeping everything around us in check. All we needed now was a baby, but that could wait as long as the both of us could have everything we wanted.

On the last chorus, almost everyone got up and danced along, singing as loud as we could. All these voices together, some in harmony, some not, some out of tune, created the best, most blissful feeling for me. I turned to Edward, and he wiped away my happy tears.

~oOo~

A/N: Thanks to Project Team Beta for beta-ing, and 'km bergstrom kl campbell' for pre-reading. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight.

Songs Used- "Lucky"- Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat

May 2022

We finally found a record label! We signed the contracts for Atlantic Records about 4 months after Angela and Ben's wedding. When we got the call from Carlisle inviting us to a meeting, I screamed so loudly that Edward had thought something was wrong with me. But I'd just hugged him and cried that there was a label that wanted to see us. After everything had been filled out and signed, Edward took pictures of our signatures and posted them on all of our social media sites, including our personal Twitter accounts. Our fans broke Twitter trending the hashtag #DOTPGotSigned! I couldn't believe that after almost a year of hunting for a label, we finally had the chance to start fresh with new ideas, with a popular label that could help us and support us in the most positive ways. Edward couldn't stop smiling, even when we got home. And as soon as we got back to our house, he made me feel safe and connected all night long.

Edward and I made plans to record the song he'd first written while I was in the hospital. We finally finished it together, naming it "I Won't Give Up", another anthem about sticking together against all odds. We also spent the rest of the day writing a new song called "Lucky".

Do you hear me, I'm talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy, I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takes

(They don't know how long it takes)

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

(Every time we say good bye)

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will

~oOo~

Edward and I fell asleep at around 2 AM, with him on top of me. I opened my sleepy eyes over Edward's shoulder to hear my cell phone ring.

"Edward, move," I kissed his shoulder and rubbed his hair. He groaned and held onto me. I laughed, and tried pushing him off. "Get up, idiot! My phone is ringing." He sighed and rolled over, his eyes still closed.

I crawled over to the bedside table and answered my phone sleepily, "Hello?"

"Bella?" It was Ben. He sounded panicky, and I was on alert.

"Ben? Hey, what's up? What happened? Is Ang okay? Did she—"

"She's in labor, like now!"

"Are you serious?!" I sat up as I heard my best friend scream in pain.

"Tell Bella to get her ass over here NOW!" she yelled, and I pulled my phone away to save my hearing. Edward sat up quickly.

"What the hell? Is she okay?" he asked sleepily.

"No I'm not okay; do I sound okay! Just get over here, it freaking HURTS so much, Bella!" she hollered, and Edward had to cover his laughs with both hands.

"Stop, it's not funny." I hit his shoulder, holding in a few laughs myself, then turned back to Ang and Ben. "Hang in there, Angie! We'll be right there!"

I hung up, and we got dressed in sweats and sneakers quickly. Thankfully, there weren't any paparazzi on our tails, so we were able to get to Seattle Memorial Hospital in about 20 minutes. Edward parked, and after talking to the secretary, we ran to the third floor and found Angela and Ben's families in the waiting room.

Angela's mom hugged me and Edward, who was a bit surprised at the touching gesture. He really didn't know both families very well.

We sat down, and I took Edward's hand. My knee bounced nervously, and he laid his hand on top of it.

"She'll be okay, love," he assured.

"I know, I just can't help but worry, you know?" I smiled nervously looking between him and the double doors to the delivery room.

"She takes after you, she's very sweet, but still tough as nails," he said, and I smiled and blushed.

A/N: Thanks for reading!