Chapter 6

A/N: Thanks to Project Team Beta and 'km bergstrom kl campbell' for proofreading and pre-reading this next chapter. On to more of Angela and Ben's wedding!

Previously...

We walked next to Angela and Ben and copied them, laying my head onto Edward's chest. He held my hand with his left while holding me close with his right. Angela's smile brightened even more when she saw me. I reached over to briefly grasp her hand before returning my attention to Edward.

"Having fun?" he asked in my ear.

I looked up at his bright green eyes. "Yeah, it's bringing back a lot of memories."

"Yeah, like what?" He kissed my hair.

"Just of our wedding. And my sisters'." I smiled as we swayed back and forth.

"That's something I'll never forget."

I sighed and looked to Angela, who was leaning against his chest and smiling.

"They look happy together."

I looked up and saw him looking toward my best friend. "Yeah, they do," I said. "I'm so happy for her. I know that Ben can make her really content."

"Like I make you happy?" he joked.

"Yeah, sure, I guess, " I teased with a smile, and he kissed me.

~oOo~

We all sat down to make toasts, and I got up to say something.

"So, I've known Angela for a pretty long time— since we were in diapers. So, that makes it twenty years?" I waved my hand in a so-so fashion when I looked at her, sitting in the front row next to Ben. She did the same hand motion, and she laughed. "Yeah, give or take? Ok." And the crowd laughed. "So, anyway, we've been through pretty much everything together, and she was my maid of honor for my wedding, which was really fun! But, I'm sorry for not keeping in touch for a while. Our lives have gone in different directions, but I've never stopped thinking about you. When you told me you were getting married, that made me think of how much you love Ben throughout high school, and even middle school. So, I came back to see you, and I just wanted to make sure that my girl was being taken care of. And I'll say to you what she said at my wedding: Ben, you hurt her, and I'll kick your ass," The crowd burst into laughs, and I giggled. "But seriously, I'm so, so happy for you guys, and congrats on your new baby. To Angela and Ben!"

"Angela and Ben!" everyone chorused and clinked glasses.

Alice, Rose and Emmett came up to make their toasts, then Angela's and Ben's parents. Then everyone else kept dancing and having a good time. It was about two a.m. when it was time to leave.

I hugged my best friend tightly, trying not to cry. I stepped out of the hug to look over her gorgeous wedding dress, an off-the-shoulder, three quarter sleeved with sheer panel intricate lace detail.

"Aw, Bella, don't get upset, I'm already a mess!" she choked out and wiped my eyes.

"I can't help it! You're finally married! And having a baby!" I sniffled with joy. "So, you have no clue where he's taking you for the honeymoon?"

She shook her head. "No. It's a surprise. I hope it's somewhere like where you and Edward went. I saw the pictures on your Facebook."

"Yeah, Carlisle's island was amazing, but I think yours will be even better."

Angela teared up again. "Aww, thank you. And I finally heard 'Long Live the Kids' on the radio!"

I gasped. "You did!? Oh my gosh, did you like it?"

"I loved it.

We giggled like a couple of thirteen-year-olds and jumped up and down. We calmed down as Emmett and Edward came in and laughed at us.

"Whoa, are you guys alright" Emmett asked.

"Yes, Angie heard our song!" I all but ran into Edward's arms. "And she loved it!"

"Really? Thank you so much!" Edward hugged Angela gently, watching out for her pregnant belly.

"Yeah! I wanted to play it for everyone tonight, but I wasn't sure...?" Angie started.

"No, it's fine, right?" I turned to Edward, and he nodded.

"Yeah, it's totally fine."

"Yay!" she said.

Ben helped Angela waddle over to the deejay to ask him to play our song. He nodded and changed from the last song he'd played to the beginning chords of "Long Live the Kids." I beamed and felt Edward bring me close and kiss my hair.

He started to sway with me to the beat of the song that we'd worked so hard for, that we fought, pushed, and shed blood, sweat and tears for. I wanted the whole world to know that we weren't going anywhere when it came to each other. That we'd keep going for as long as we could, while still keeping everything around us in check. All we needed now was a baby, but that could wait, as long as both of us could have everything we wanted. Like Edward had said, until we were standing in the middle of everything that feels right, we could start our own family. We were still nervous about what would happen in the future, but I knew we could do it.

On the last chorus, almost everyone got up and danced along, singing the chorus as loud as everyone could. All the voices singing together— some in harmony, some not—created the best, most blissful feeling for me. I turned to Edward, and he wiped away my happy tears.