Untitled Part 16

A/N: Song used: "September" by Daughtry

Previously...

Maybe it was my fault we didn't have a baby yet? Worrying about Alice and Jasper's problems did take a toll on my health. I'd become so focused on my sister's marriage that I'd let it cloud my want to start a family. Edward understood because it was his family too, but I could tell it hurt him when I pulled away most nights.

I just didn't know what to do.

~oOo~

Maybe this was God trying to tell me something. Was it me? Did I do something wrong? Did I not go by His will and plans for me? Is that why I wasn't blessed with a baby yet?

I sometimes woke up in a cold sweat from dreams of hands roaming across my belly, trying to push down on it to hurt me. I'd writhe and scream for them to get off, call someone for help, but no one came. It wasn't until I'd fall out of bed that I'd wake up from the nightmare. Edward would carry me back into bed and hold me still, but my haunting nightmares found their way back to me.

A part of me felt selfish because I was only thinking of me and my feelings. I knew Edward was taking it hard, too. I knew how much he wanted to be a father.

"I don't know if God exists or not, but I don't think he's angry with us, nor did you do anything wrong. If anything, I at least know that that I love you." He took my hands and kissed my fingers.

"I love you, too." I whispered, tears blurring my vision. "What if nothing changes?"

"Then, we'll figure something else out. We'll adopt. We'll be the next Brad and Angelina, adopting like 200 babies." he laughed. I giggled and hugged him.

~oOo~

September 2025

For my birthday, Edward wrote a song for me, completely out of the blue. I never saw it coming. I knew he would give me a present, but nothing like this.

How the time passed away? All the trouble that we gave

And all those days we spent out by the lake

Has it all gone to waste? All the promises we made

One by one they vanish just the same

Of all the things I still remember

Summer's never looked the same

The years go by and time just seems to fly

But the memories remain

In the middle of September we'd still play out in the rain

Nothing to lose but everything to gain

Reflecting now on how things could've been

It was worth it in the end

Nothing changed with me not being pregnant, but I knew that I had my amazing husband by my side, and that was all I could ask for.

We both loved it so much, that we decided to re-write it as a duet and release it as a single. Carlisle thought it was brilliant. We filmed a music video for it; it was in an old warehouse showing a collage of family photos, while we performed in a dark room, the only light came from the projector in the middle of the old warehouse. Edward and I thought the making of the video brought us closer together, as music always had.

We performed the song on a few radio, TV and award shows well into the rest of the year, until we decided when the time was right to release another album.