Untitled Part 18

Previously...

"Edward, I need to talk to you."

"Sure, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I laughed, taking his hand. Tears came into my eyes as I smiled in amazement. "I'm pregnant."

~oOo~

Edward's eyes bugged out of his head and his jaw fell to the floor. He knelt down and hugged my waist. I could hear him sniffling into my stomach and I snorted into his hair.

"Are you sure? Are you okay? Do you need me for anything? What can I do? What can I do?" he kept mumbling and I just kept petting his hair, smoothing out the tattered, bronze curls.

"I'm absolutely fine, perfect actually. Edward, we're having a baby!" I cried, blubbering.

He stood up and wiped my tears away, kissing my face everywhere. He hugged me tightly, and then let go just as fast.

"How do you know?" he asked. He had let me go, but his hands still held by stomach. He just couldn't stop holding my belly.

"I took a test last week, and went to Carlisle when the test came out positive, just to be safe. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry..." I trailed off, now feeling guilty about not letting him know. He'd wanted this just as much as I did.

He sighed, his eyes full of understanding. "It's okay. I'm just glad you told me. What do we do now? Does anyone else know?"

I shook my head. "I wanted to let you know first."

Edward's green eyes shone as his hands smoothed over my belly again. I lay my head on his chest and breathed in, his woodsy manly scent turning me on. Being pregnant sure made me horny. I kissed a trail up to his lips, his arms wrapped slowly around me. He pushed me back a bit and I held on tighter. I slid my arms around his neck and whispered, "I want to thank you properly for this baby. Our baby."

"I don't want to hurt you," he mumbled, but I could tell he didn't mean it. I could feel it between my thighs and smiled.

"I'm already pregnant, Edward. What else can possibly happen?" I giggled, biting his ear.

He rocked us from side to side until we hopped on the bed together, with me straddling him.

"I just don't want to affect anything with this little baby in here." He laughed, holding my belly again.

"You won't. Pregnant women have sex all the time." I snickered.

"Yeah, but—"

I cut him off with a kiss, which lead to other things.

~oOo~

Our families were overjoyed with our impending news, as were our fans. Media outlets wouldn't stop calling us to get more information, but for now we just wanted to save most of the happiness for ourselves.

Alice, Rose, and Esme wouldn't stop hounding me! As soon as we'd told everyone, they were already making preparations for a baby shower, nursery, doctor's appointments with Carlisle, and other things. I felt so overwhelmed that I'd cry all the time.

The pregnancy symptoms were coming along and I was getting bitter and mopey and big. Edward never stopped rubbing my belly though, so I sucked most of it up for him.

~oOo~

I could still perform with Edward and the band, as long as Carlisle said it was okay. I could still travel on airplanes, but on some occasions, it made me even more grouchy.

We started to make plans for building the nursery, but since we didn't want to know the baby's sex until the birth, we decided to paint the walls last. Emmett, Jasper, and Carlisle helped Edward put together the baby's furniture. As I was watching the guys build the crib, I began to cry.

They all heard me and turned around. Edward came to me immediately.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asked, checking me everywhere.

I shook my head, wiping away my tears. "It's just, this is really happening, is it? We're going to be parents soon, right?" I sobbed into his arms, and I felt Emmett and Jasper leave the room.

"What if I'm not a good father?" he asked, pulling me off gently.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm scared, Bella. I don't want to be like how my father was when I was young. I don't want to pressure her into something she doesn't want to do. I don't want her to grow up hating me because she's something I may not approve of. What if I'm not good enough? I don't want to leave you all alone. I won't do that to her, or you." He took a breath, running a hand over his face.

I took his hands. "I'm scared too, Edward. I'm terrified. How do you think I feel? I remember my parents, but they died when I was fifteen. All I have are memories of them. I miss my mom. I wish she was here to tell me how to do this," I rubbed my belly gently, and he laid his hand on top of mine. A sadness crept over me, and more tears filled my eyes. "I wish my dad was here to meet you and know how special you are. I mean, I have my sisters and Esme, but it's something about having your own baby that makes me miss my parents so much..." I trailed off as my fears overcame me. But I had to reassure the both of us. "You're going to be an amazing father. Because you're going to treat your son," I glared at his chuckle and continued, "like a real man is supposed to be. Your dad, he wasn't perfect, but he came around. But I know you won't treat him like your dad did to you. And you don't treat me like that, or anyone you love like that."

My husband cupped my face and kissed me deeply. "Your parents would be so proud of you," he mumbled into my shoulder.

~oOo~

One day, I felt the baby kick in the middle of the night.

"Edward, wake up." I gasped.

He turned around groggily and turned on the light. "Bella? What's wrong?"

"Why do you think something's wrong whenever I want you?" I asked, annoyed. I sniffled and curled back to my side of the bed.

He crawled over to my side and hesitantly put his hand on my arm. "I'm sorry. I just heard you cry out, and I thought something was wrong." He sighed deeply and laid his head on my arm.

"I felt him kicking," I whispered.

"What? Really? You did?"

I nodded, tears filling my eyes. I was mad at him, but happy that I felt our baby.

"Can I feel her?" he said, sitting up.

I smiled in spite of myself. We'd been arguing over the baby's sex for weeks now. I rolled over and sat up gently. He put up a few more pillows against my back and felt my huge stomach.

We both gasped at the baby's kick. Edward smiled and put both hands on my belly. Happy tears spilled over as I caressed his hands. "He's really happy," I said, grinning brightly.

"She," He winked and kissed my stomach as I rolled my eyes.

"We'll see." I laughed and a comfortable silence filled the room. Then, a thought came to me.

"What's going to happen next, Edward?"

"What do you mean?" He curled up against me once more.

"Like when the baby gets here. What's going to happen? Are we going to take a break? How long will it be? And what about promoting the acoustic album? How are we going to tour? Who's going to babysit?" I began to cry again. "I don't want to be away from my baby for so long."

"Hey, baby, shh," he hushed, holding me close. He smoothed my dirty hair back and kissed my forehead. "Let's not worry about that right now. Let's just focus on giving this baby everything it needs. Everything else will come along second. One day at a time."

I snorted in his shirt. "You're really amazing. I love you."

His chuckle rumbled in his chest, "I love you, too. And I love you, munchkin." He patted my belly and slid us under the bed again.