Untitled Part 23

Previously...

"I think you should stay off of Twitter, or better yet, all social media for a while. Just until this blows over. I'll say one tweet and just leave it at that. 'Kay?" I saw him sigh and nod back. I sighed deeply too, and crawled back into bed. He spooned me closer, and I sighed in relief that the fight was over. For now.

~oOo~

Songs used:

"Broken Arrows"- Daughtry

"This Car"- Cassadee Pope

"New Horizons"- Flyleaf

Edward apologized to our fans for the backlash of his video, but he wasn't sorry for making the video and involving me in it. To showcase how sorry he'd felt for hurting anyone's feelings, he released an old track on Soundcloud, with me on background vocals.

I'm tired of taking my aim

When I keep on missing

There's gotta be a better way

Gotta be a better way

And every little word I say

Keeps getting twisted

Coming out wrong

So baby hold on

I'm tryin' to hit the mark

But I'm shooting with broken arrows

It's like I'm shooting with broken arrows

Naturally, media picked the song up, and his album rose on the iTunes Alternative Charts from number ten to one within the week. I was happy for his success, but it was bittersweet that it was coming back from a misunderstanding and the media's twist on such a connection between me and my husband. I didn't feel like he even needed to apologize for anything, but he felt like it was the right thing to do.

May 2032

Rose released a country album under the same label Edward and I were signed to, only the imprint label, Atlantic Nashville. She thought going back to her country music roots would help discover more sides of herself, which we all thought was a clever idea, since her second pop-R&B didn't do well. She and Carlisle set up a small tour in the Southern states to get a feel of the moment.

On her first break of the tour, Rose asked me to feature on her next single "This Car"'s music video. Of course, I said yes!

From the first time you opened the door

Well it felt like the beginning of something more

When this love, this love

Was nothing but a spark

And the dashboard has seen every kiss

And every downpour, every we're gonna make it through this

I know I'm home

No matter where we are

Me and you and

This car, this car,

This car, this car

We showed up for the music video in sunny Nashville, in the middle of a highway in a red Classic Mercedes, just the two of us girls blasting the music, having fun, goofing off, and being free and happy and alive. It was fun to see my sister and hang out with her, even if it was during work hours.

2033

Edward and I began to talk more and more about reuniting as a band again, and Carlisle and Esme were thrilled with the idea. Both of our solo albums were still doing well; we did a few radio tours and performances on our own, but we really missed playing with each other and the feel of the crowd whenever we'd perform as a duo.

"Thank God, because you two are good separately, but you guys are even better as a duo. You're like a team," Alice spoke up. "And you both are happier."

I blushed at her sweet comments, and I felt Edward kiss my hair.

Within the year, we got together with our old band to start writing and recording new music. We had to rearrange some songs because they were either written for just me or him, but we still had a lot of fun in the studio. I'd forgotten how talented Edward was as a guitarist; he'd usually let me or Sam, our rhythm guitarist, do most of the guitar work. But Edward stepped up and showed us what he was made of from the last year as a solo artist. The whole experience brought us closer as a couple, too.

We released a teaser for our first single, "New Horizons", and then the whole audio later on in the year.

So you're tired but you're alive

So open up your eyes

And you can get your sleep when you are dead

Kill the clock inside your head

Bring your normalcy to the edge

And watch it drown in new horizons

New horizons

Life floods in with a conquest

Life floods in with a new quest

He's a voice for the voiceless

And a song for the soulless

Life floods in

It took a few months later, and we were back together to shoot the music video for "New Horizons". We arrived hand-in-hand on a cloudy Seattle morning in a small house. We'd shoot the performance scenes in the living room with the band, and all over the floor had our old band photos. In the end, Edward and I would add some more recent photos with our daughter. My favorite part was featuring Carlie to the world on our own. We'd barely posted any pictures of her in social media, so the fact that she was in our first music video in three years was truly a blessing.

We released our album after it was done being edited, mixed and processed a week after the music video, and it rose and stayed in the iTunes top 10 Rock charts for a month.