Untitled Part 12

Previously...

We released the video and promoted the single on a few radio stations, late night TV shows, and smaller performances with the band. Things seemed to be going really well.

Until the worst happened.

~oOo~

It was at about 4 AM that I heard my phone ring.

I groggily pulled out of Edward's arms and crawled to the bedside table to get to my phone, not even looking on the caller ID to see who it was.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

I sat up at Alice's sobbing into the phone.

"Alice? Alice, what's wrong? What happened?"

"JaspergotintoanaccidentandI don'tknowwhattodo I'mreallyscared" she cried, and I couldn't understand what she said.

"Wait, wait, Alice, slow down, what happened?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"Jasper...got..into..an..accident..." she hiccuped.

"He what?!" I yelled, waking up Edward beside me.

"What's going on? What happened?" he rubbed my back, asking.

I stumbled out of bed, blindly looking for some clothes. "Jasper got hurt." I said.

"He what?!" he got up and followed me, half naked.

"He's hurt, we have to go, now!" I cried at him and turned back to the phone. "Alice?!"

"It's me." Rose answered. She sounded like she'd been crying too but was holding back for us. Always the protector.

"Why didn't you call Edward first? He's his brother!" I tripped over the stairs, and Edward caught me. He put on a pair of jeans and a button-up shirt.

"We tried, but apparently his phone doesn't go straight to voicemail now?" Rose said in the form of a question, and I looked up at my husband.

"What happened to your phone?" I slapped his shoulder.

"It cracked, remember? At our last concert." He said, flinching at my hard stare. "I'm sorry."

I sighed deeply and got back to Rose. "Which hospital are you guys in? Is everyone else there?"

She gave me the address, and I wrote it down on a Post-It. "We'll be there soon." I hung up and turned to Edward. A hard lump formed in the pit of my stomach, and as annoyed as I was with him, I ran to his open arms and cried.

"He's going to be ok, love." His voice shook as he buried his head in my hair. I felt a few tears and kisses, too.

"He's your brother." I whispered.

"He's yours too." He rubbed my hair and pulled away slowly. He rubbed my eyes with his thumbs and gently pulled the car keys out of my hands. "Want me to drive?"

His deep green eyes looked a little red, and I rubbed his left one. He leaned in to my palm. "You sure?" I asked.

He nodded. "We have to be there."

I nodded. He kissed my forehead, and we locked the door behind us.

~oOo~

As soon as we got to the hospital, we realized that a few media outlets had followed our car on the way there. Before we got out of the car, Edward closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. He was trying to calm himself before he lost his temper. The blinding flashes from the cameras were really starting to piss me off, but I couldn't imagine how my husband was feeling. We couldn't snap at the paparazzi; it would only provoke them even more for photos and money. All we could do was ignore them as best as we could, for Jasper and Alice and the rest of our family.

I opened the passenger seat door, put my hood over my head, walked quickly to the driver's side, and opened the door. I kneeled down next to Edward and whispered if he was okay. He nodded quickly, still keeping his eyes closed. He then opened his eyes, turned off the ignition, and got out of the car. He took my hand, and we ran inside. More flashing lights got into my eyes, but we finally got through the double doors of the hospital. Edward pulled me towards the receptionist desk, but I saw Rose, Emmett, Esme, and a tearful Alice down the hall. I pulled Edward away from the desk, and we ran to everyone else.

Alice ran to me and held me close, sobbing in my shoulder. I rubbed her back, with a few tears falling down my face. I heard Rose explain to Edward what was happening with Jasper, but all I could focus on was comforting my sister. I looked up from Alice's shaking body and saw Rose cover her eyes, her resolve breaking as Edward hugged her tight. Edward and I looked at each other, and I saw a hint of worry in his eyes.

"It's gonna be ok," I told Alice, but still looking at Edward to make sure he knew I was talking to him too. He nodded and turned back to Rose.

I prayed to God that it would really be ok.