The 43rd

The bells tolled. The gate rose. The Survey Corps sitting upon horses, all wrapped in their dark green cloaks, prepared to leave. People lined the roadway, seeing the soldiers off... Even if they didn't agree with what was to happen.
It was a regular mission except for the sole fact that the Survey Corps would go straight to their base instead of coming back to the city after the attack.
Captain Levi sat at the head of his troups, beside Commander Erwin Smith.
He glanced back at the mass of soldiers behind him; although he showed no evidence of it, he was worried about this group. Due to the recent attack and appearance of the Collosol Titan, many had been killed already and the rest's training had been cut short. If they were going to make it out alive here, he would have to personally get his blades dirty.
Meanwhile, it the back of Levi's squad... Hael, the best and brightest of her class awaited the rising gate. The chains clanked and groaned as the heavy block of stone was lifted.
A single drop of sweat trickled down the small of her back and Hael could help but shift in her seat as the Commander's hand dropped, releasing the troups.
The thunder of hoofs was deafening as they passed through the tunnel and fanned out on the other side, taking up the carefully planned formation that had been drilled into their brains.
The 43rd expedition outside the walls had begun and neither Levi, nor Hael realized that their lives were about to change forever.