"Out."

That night, Hael was laying in her cot. She heard a sharp inhale, followed by a groan. It took three seconds for her to get out of bed and to her chair. She was sitting comfortably with her legs crossed in front of her, leaning forward with her elbows on her thighs when Levi awoke.

Levi opened his eyes, squinting against even the faint moonlight trickling in. He cougehed and groaned, "Water."-his first word since his injury. Hael scrambled to get him the glass. Once he had downed it, he looked at Hael and spoke, "I thought you were dead."

Hael blinked. That was the last thing she expected to hear. "Get out!" or "Why are you here, you little brat?" or even, "Quit acting constipated and get out of my room." She couldn't say she was unhappy, but it did raise a question about when she had started caring so deeply about what he thought of her. "Do you remember what happened?" Was what she replied.

Levi began to shake his head, then winced and croaked, "No." And so Hael launched into the story, she left out or sugar coated her more heroic parts, and especially the part about her holding his head in the wagon. By the time she was done, she was blushing and could see that he wouldn't last much longer. Morning light was beginning to trickle in.

"So... What are you doing in my room?" Ah, there was the question Hael had been dreading since the first night she came in. She opened her mouth to speak, but was saved from it when she heard a voice from the doorway. "She has refused to leave your side, my old friend. I think it has something to do with honor or noble ideals or something like that. I mean, not that I'd know." Erwin Smith walked in, a grin plastered on his face. All that was on Hael's face was embarrassment. Erwin then proceeded to give a not-at-all watered down version of Hael's daring rescue, love and care, and loyalty to her dear, dear Captain Levi Ackerman.

Hael then decided she'd had enough and moved to leave, quickly being caught by the collar of her shirt as Erwin's hand snapped up to stop her. Levi had a vaguely amused look on his face, a look that screamed pain. Hael was half tempted to clap or something to knock him out and end both their misery.

The dear Commander Erwin then stood and left, pausing at the door to say, "I'll leave you two to it then!" Hael nearly swooned in mortification. Fortunately for her, Levi didn't look much better. He said, "Cadet, out." And then rolled over and was out like a light.

Hael's heart sunk at that reply as she left.

Levi didn't really want the girl to go. He couldn't explain why, but he felt comfortable and safe when she was around. Secretly, he hoped she'd disobey him and stay, but no such luck. She turned and walked slowly out. He may have even called for her to come back-- no he wouldn't have. That's not something Levi could ever see himself doing, so he let her go. If only Smith hadn't come in, then he wouldn't have mortified them both and Hale-Hael, whatever would still be here. That's the last thing Levi managed to think before spiraling into darkness.

Hael wasn't completely sure why tears were streaming down her cheeks as she ran back to her room. She threw her self on the bed and let out a sob. And there, in the inky darkness of her room, Hael realized she had fallen in love with the Captain. She had fallen in love with the one man that would never love her back, she had fallen for a man who had just broken her heart before she knew she loved him. She, Hael Negroj had fallen in love with a man who had just broken her heart with two words. Two words that rang in her ears all night as she cried into her pillow.

"Cadet, out."

----------

I don't know about you guys, but this chapter really got me attached to Hael, more so than before. It was fun to write, and I hope it was fun to read. Is my writing getting any better? I will take no comments as a resounding "No!" I'm good with that though if you don't think I'm getting any better here.
And whats the deal Wattpad? Just when I'd gotten used to writing interface, you change it? WAHHHHYYYYYY? This is my life we are talking about her! Anyway, angry rant done:
Now, I want you to put on the song "Say Something" and read from where Levi sends Hael out, to the end. 🎶🎶😭🎶🎶 Was it any different? Tell me pleeeeease! And give me a star if that song makes you sad!