Chapter 14: Mini Adventure

I woke up in a crapy little apartment. I had dreamed well last night of me and Zuko so I new I was with him. "Zuko" I asked. I got up and saw him near the stove. "You know how to make tea?" I asked teasingly. "How do you feel? Are you okay?" Zuko asked worried. "I could have gone with a good morning or something but no random questions are fine" I said kissing him good morning on his cheek. "Well uncle left early he left some tea boiling here and the shop's closed for repairs from last night" Zuko informed me. "What happened last night? I dont-" i trailed off seeing myself beging for the Dai Lee agents to let Jet go free. "I have to go save Jet" I said running towards the door. "He's fine those agents took Jet he'll be back tommorow" Zuko said. I fell to the floor. "I failed, I wasn't able to save him" I said crying. Zuko looked at me confused and he sat next to me putting his arms around me the way he always did. His body protected me and I did the same even though he never said it I could tell by his body langauge. "What do you mean save? He cut my arm" Zuko said. I quickly grabbed his hand and he grunted. "Zuko this injury's bad its starting to get infected" I said worreid and grabed some water from the tea and made it warm then used it to heal Zuko. "Why do you use tea?" Zuko asked. "The leaves in the tea have great vitamins that help the body the juice is concentrated so it's better for healing" I explained. "So what did you mean by save him?" Zuko asked again and I sighed. "They didn't take Jet to prison they went to go and hypnotize him" I said. "What are you talking about?" Zuko asked confused. "This city isn't what it seems. Why do you think people are calm? Any mentioning of the war inside these walls and the Dai Lee agents will hupnotize you makeing you in to there puppet to help keep this utopian society" I explained. "You knew this all along and still let us come here!" Zuko said angry. "Yes but this is how the story goes I have to try and keep it the same or you might not be the same at the end" I said. "What will I be like in the end?" Zuko asked. "I can't say but I will love you no matter what" I said and saw his faint smile. "Im just so angry this was what I was trying to prevent and I failed if I couldn't save one person how am I going to save the whole world" I said putting my hands to my face. "I failed.....I failed" I said sobbing a bit. Zuko had me in his arms he rubbed my back trying to make me feel better. I got up and wipped my tears away. "Im to weak I can't handel being the Spirit Child or whatever I am im not supposed to be here you're supposed to be on a date with a pretty earth kingdom girl while I should be at home with my family I just wanna know out of all the billions of people in the world why it has to be me why couldn't it be someone else" I said so confused I didn't know my next move. "Well if im supposed to be on a date then I will be" Zuko said carrying me. "What are you talking about? She's somewhere in the tea shop" I said. "I think the tea shop is in repairs come on I'll show you" Zuko said. "Okay but I need to do some things" I said. "I went to a plant and cleaned my face with the water then put it back in to the plant. I fixed my shirt and sweats. I put in my bellyring and cleaned my glasses. "Okay let's go it'll get my mind off things" I said and Zuko took my hand walking me towards the door. We walked for a few minutes and walked in to the shop.

"Wow that was fast" I said surprised how little time it took. We walked in and saw buisness as usual. I saw Jen sitting alone. She started to walk up towards us."Ahh I see you've recovered" Iroh said. "I thought you said it was closed" I said to Zuko. "It was this morning" Zuko said and I saw the girl that was supposed to go on a date with Zuko. "Lulu would you like some jasmine tea?" Iroh asked. "Sure" I said. Iroh handed me a small cup with green tea in it wich was delicouse. "Thank you so much for the tea it was delicouse" Jen said. "Thank you" Iroh said. "Would you like some more?" Iroh asked. "No im fine" I said. Jen was still standing there "I know you you're the Spirit child" Jen said excited and started to bow. "Umm yea so what's you're name?" I asked even though I knew her name. "Im Jen" Jen said all cheerful. "Im lourdes but everyone calls me Lulu this is my boyfreind Lee and of course you know Mushi the best tea maker" I said. "Well it's nice meeting you two" Jen said but saw her expresion she was heart broken."Im takeing the day off today" Zuko said informing his uncle. "A date I see" Iroh said chuckling a bit. "Yea sorta but more like just hanging out" I said not to make it so obviues scince Jen liked Zuko was there. "I belive the correct term is a date but call it what you want it is the same thing" Iroh said. I looked back at the girl and noticed her sad expression witch made me feel guilty for some reason. I think Zuko noticed because he said "I think we should go we don't want to spend the entire day here like I usually do" Zuko said he was sick of being in the tea shop where as Iroh couldn't get enough of it. "Umm sure" I said and Zuko put his arm around my shoulders then walked me out the door. I watched as the girl was so sad she was finally building up the courage to ask Zuko out but I got in the way it made me feel sorry for her. "What was that all about?" Zuko asked. "Nothing it's just Jen was supposed to be you're date not me she finally had the courage to ask you out and I got in the way I feel so sorry for her I feel guilty for takeing you away from her and Mai" I said. "She's pretty but no one is like you you're special a one of a kind I like that" Zuko said and I blushed. "So we have a whole day to ourselves what to do?" I asked him.