Breathing and Commitment

Yoriichi has returned with a damaged Michikatsu in tow. I sit them down on our porch as I tend to Michikatsu's wounds.

"So what exactly happened?" I asked as I bandaged my brother. I had already suspected what had happened as I vaguely remember something pertaining to a demon attack bringing Michikatsu and Yoriichi together.
"... you don't need to worry about it. How have you been?" Replyed Yoriichi as he stared off into the rising sun.

"It's a demon. Isn't it?" I said plainly to their surprise that I was aware of their existence. "Yes I know they exist. Anyway Michi be careful please. From the blade in Yoriichi's hand I'm guessing he saved you" I said noticing a look of gloom fall over Michikatsu's face. I then remembered that he lost his entire samurai squad and that he is probably grieving their death. "Yoriichi how was your time on your own" I say. His face though looks emotionless shifts ever so slightly for a spilt second, contorting into the small frown, his eyes briefly flashing with melancholy.

Understanding that they both aren't feeling in any way wanting to speak, I just hold both their hands then i pull both of them into a hug. They both don't say anything and just let the embrace happen.
———
A week passes, the estate is now less empty with the presence of both Michikatsu and Yoriichi. The former has been recovering normally while the latter has been teaching us the fundamentals of his 'breathing' style.

These classes seem to be in attendance with other people I can recognise, not personally just they have distinguishing features. Especially the man with yellow and red hair.
'Rengoku's ancestor? Well he isn't dead so can't really call him an ancestor yet'

None of us could replicate Yoriichi. Believe me, we tried. Especially Michikatsu. Over the years I've been trying to reduce his jealousy and hatred for him, I soon quickly realised things like words of praise didn't work. They only seemed to worsen his feelings as he would mutter words like 'Yoriichi could have done this instantly'. The only thing I could do (and I'm not proud of this) is cry. I made a show of how sad I felt when he said things like that to himself and what not. It seemed to have caused some self-reflection.
——
It's been a few years since then and I've developed my own breathing style. I call it 'Star Breathing' because I like stars and to keep in line with me and the others. Yoriichi's style has been named 'Sun Breathing' while Michikatsu modified it to fit himself, calling it 'Moon Breathing';So I decided to just continue the celestial body theme.

Star Breathing is a mixture of multiple martial arts and swordsmanship, treating hands and feet like normal as well as blades. I had special customised gloves with sharp nichirin blades in the nails and knuckles. I still carry a sword though cause it can still be used this way. This style is comprised of fast, powerful jabs and slashes along with my agility to physically daze, knockout and just straight up beat opponents.

More has happened, I've unsuccessfully avoided getting married. And frankly, I'm not too put off by it, mainly due to my husband, Fumihito, being really chill. Though I can't say I'm in love with him, we get along really well.
~~~*~~~
[Wedding Day]

I stand before the priest in my white kimono, my hands slightly shaking at this commitment, I tilt my head down as I stand next to a figure around 5'11. The man by my side looks down towards me, his onyx-green eyes gazing into mine as i look up, searching for any discomfort I might feel.

The priest finishes his speech and Fumihito and I drink sake with one another before seating ourselves next to each other in front of our families.

"The priest dragged on for a while, didn't it?" The man said, his jade eyes watching me earnestly.

"Well yes it did, personally I was more interested in the sake" I joke

"Same!" He chuckles delightfully, his laughter sounding soft like a dandelion but slightly boisterous. His medium-length black hair tied into a pony-tail running down his side, lying around his neck down his shoulder. I continue to make small jokes and his hair flutters like a butterfly due to his giggles at each one and every joke I make, even if it's not really funny.

My hands slowly stop shaking before ceasing in any shudders.

"Fumihito" I say

"Yes"

"I think we are going to be fine" I say smiling softly as I lock eyes with his. Not fully comprehending what I meant, he just smiled knowing I was happy and nodded in agreement.
~~~*~~~