Removal of Former Ties & Reluctant Rebirth

Y/N trudged along the moonlit ground, her eyes crazed and saliva streaming from the sides of her mouth.

Coming across a settlement, she looked around frantically for anything that would satiate this aching desire festering within her body. This unbearable hunger.

Within the silent night the sound of a twig snapping occurred causing Y/N's head to turn to the source of the sound.

Without hesitation she ran to the sound bearing her fangs and sharp nails ready to tear the limbs of whatever person had the misfortune of alerting her.

"Ahhhh!" A child screamed as the kid ran from the relentless creature pursing it. The child ran and ran with the fear of being ripped apart scraping at his back. Unfortunately 'it' wasn't far.

Catching up, Y/N grabbed the child by the back of his neck and squeezed.

"Mom! Help! Somebody please help!" The little boy cried as he thrashed amount, yelling and screaming to the entire town as less and less air entered his airways, however it was only returned with silence.

Til a boom could be heard.

"AAAAAAHHH!" Y/N yelled as she felt her arm rip off with a loud bang before she could pop off the child's head, causing the kid to drop to the ground.

Forgetting the child she almost killed, Y/N darted her head all over the room in search of the assailant only to turn and see someone wielding a weapon in the distance.

While her arm regenerated, Y/N took off from the ground, leaping into the air before crashing down on the person. Confusion filled her mind as a mash of blood and flesh wasn't to be found.

Looking up she saw the same man holding a gun which looked to be a type of matchlock. His onyx-green eyes gazing into hers, his arms trembled as he pointed a gun at her.

"Y/N," and before he could fully call out, Y/N leaped at him, clawing directly towards his neck. The man, narrowly escaping her attack, aimed his modified tanegashima towards her head and shot.

Attempting to dodge backwards at the last minute, Y/N avoided the shot to her head; however, her right shoulder had been blown right off.

Her screams pierced through the air filling the night with her agony. Before she could react another bullet had blown a hole in her chest.

Her body quickly regenerated, and she rushed the man once more, taking care to avoid his repeated shots.

Unable to reach him, Y/N stomped on the ground sending several rocks from the broken stone beneath her into the air with just sheer force, before kicking each rock towards him.

Quickly responding to the flying debris, the man shot each individual stone in quick succession before seeing a piece the size of a human come his way.

Jumping above the rock to avoid it, he was soon met with a leg that slammed him back to the ground like a crashing meteor.

His blood poured from his body.

"Shit!" The man cried out from both pain of his arm being broken but worry. His eyes not leaving Y/N's figure as he slowly inched away.

The scent of iron filled Y/N's nose and sent her into a frenzy uncharacteristic for any demon. The scent penetrated her senses, filling her with lust for the taste of his crimson liquid.

Marechi Y/N thought to herself as she tackled the man instantly pinning to the ground and going to bite his neck only to be met with the broad side of his matchlock between her mouth.