Stability and Stars

Y/N was unaware of how much time had passed. Her eyes that once streamed tears down her face like a coursing river, was now like an empty dry lake.

Picking herself up and crawling out of the hole she was in, she trudged through the forest alone with only the stars as her spectators.

Her steps were sloppy and unsteady, swaying side to side with the blood stained astrolabe in her hand.

I've lost everything... have I not? She thought to herself. Hundreds of thoughts surged through her main brain, the one untainted thing she has left.

I'm hungry but requires eating humans... humans like Fumihito. I can't believe I did that.

As she trod along like a ball and chain had clung to her legs, eventually she came across a small mountain village.

The thoughts of eating humans festered within Y/N's body, her mouth salivating at satiating her hunger.

No! no! no! Control yourself. You don't want to attack anyone

Those murderous thoughts were drowned out by the sound of a woman's scream coming from a house.

Instinctively running to help, with a single kick she broke down the door only to see a distraught woman kicking away a man with a knife as blood pooled on the floor from a male corpse.

Without hesitation, Y/N punched the man's face with enough force to knock him out.

"Ahhhh!" The lady shrieked as blood sprayed across her face before crumbling to the floor in fear.

Fuck! That was close!  Y/N thought before tossing the unconscious aside to look at the woman. Her screams hysterical, unable to form words due to fear.

In the distance, the sound of rushing footsteps could be heard.

Fuck what should I do? They definitely heard the scream. I have to go.

Turning to the frightened lady, Y/N bent down, picking up assailant's body and said. "I apologise for being to late to help." before jumping through the window back into the woods.

What do I do with this? She thought as herself as she threw the criminal on the floor.

"Wha- where I am" the man questioned before fully opening his eyes to see the woman standing over him covered in a mix of fresh and dried blood.

"What are you-"

"Save it prick!" Y/N shushed him. "You will answer my questions. Got it?" She ordered holding him by the neck and lifting him up with one arm.

Shivering, the criminal nodded.

"Why did you kill that couple?"

"Because... because..."

"Answer the fucking question!"

"Because I'm in love with Asuka! And that dirty man stole her from me." The man exclaimed before going into a giant tirade. "I loved her first! I was always there with her yet that bastard had the audacity to take her from me! He is the reason why she rejected me! Left me!"

"So without him, my dear Asuka will come to me" his voice became Euphoric as he stared at the sky. "She can now come into my arms and never leave me. She'll have no one to protect her from bad folks so she'll naturally see that I can do-"

Cutting him off forever, Y/N's grip tightened snapping his neck.

"Disgusting."

People like this are prime demon making material. If Lord Muzan was here he would easily make this guy a demon.