Remodelling

"Uhhh..." I breathed out heavily. My haori soaked up the blood reflecting in the moonlight as it slowly disintegrated into ash.

I collapse to my knees before quickly picking myself up to walk away. Each step felt heavy, and my eyes blurred.

'How many have I killed in the last two nights? 100? 200? No, I stopped counting after 253' I contemplated before stumbling onto a tree.

I spent so long calculating the probability of where demons could be.

'Fuck! How much longer do I have before I die? I'm almost 25; I don't have long left'

I stare at the astrolabe Fumihito made for me. It's once-pristine design is now stained with the blood of demons and mine as well.

I look up at the stars; they shimmer like jewels adorned by royalty. The sight is a wonder; however, the only thought that filled my mind was mathematics, unfortunately.

'My final fight is here soon. According to my calculations, god, that sounds so cringey. I have 2 hours left until a powerful demon appears. I must say that astrological divination actually works here, though it isn't precise'

Astrological divination is, truthfully, just mathematics on an unrealistic high level. Let's just sleep, I think to myself before instantly falling asleep.

Two years have passed since Michikatsu left. Though I am no longer in a depressive state, I have spent my time seriously training all my abilities.

Every single day I spent not working, I would be punching my dummies, lifting weights, and slashing anything I could. Though I may have started working too hard again, I can help. Demon slayers with a mark die by the age of 25, but Yoriichi, I do not have time to squander.

Yoriichi has been training me as well. I even learned sun breathing, though I'm not as well-versed as Yoriichi. I have influenced it more into my star breathing, refining my technique; after all, the sun is a star. The most important part was Yoriichi attacking me seriously.

With every single bout, I felt myself become stronger. My eyesight got sharper, my attacks stronger and more precise, and even my agility, speed, and flexibility improved drastically.

——

[Third Point of View]

Y/N sat in front of the tree, resting with her back against it. Her eyes closed, her breath natural and unbothered, as the wind picked up slightly, swishing an ominous breeze against her skin.

A demon saw her defenceless resting and ran up to her to consume her. The being leapt at her body, only to suddenly see her disappear.

'Wha' the demon thought to itself before its head exploded into several tiny fragments.

"Was that it?" Y/N thought to herself, swiping the fresh blood from her knuckles, confused, and beginning to check her astrolabe. Picking up the object, she fiddled with it for a while.

'Well, I guess I was wrong in my prediction; there is always a margin of error. She thought to herself as she began to walk home'