Hiking up the mountain.

You have stepped out of the dark comfort of your shrine. You had decided to clear your head and contemplate your life choices as you trudged through a snow-shrouded forest with the stars as your only company.

However, when you said, 'Let me get some fresh air; I'll be gone awhile'  to the lord of this place and your head shrine maiden, no one would have guessed this would require you to go on a journey outside the town for who knows how long.

Realistically, you weren't going to depart for years, but at least until your hunger starts affecting you, so you don't go off killing people at random.

Truly, you were just attempting to return to somewhere familiar, or at least see someone familiar. However, you were lost. Apparently your sense of direction has greatly dulled, or it could be because wandering off without a clear goal in mind is a dumb idea.

Coming across a small town was both fortunate and unfortunate for you. You could finally get directions, but it was night, meaning everyone was fast asleep and you couldn't really ask during the daytime. You had attempted to see if you could survive the sun like Nezuko did, but burning seemed to be in your future instead.

Instead, you just walked to a really shady part of the forest so you could nap and ask someone in the early morning.

Sitting down against a tree and shutting your eyes, you let the frigid wind brush against your body. Luckily, you no longer needed to worry about frostbite or hypothermia, as any frozen limbs would regenerate. You felt cold. Both physically and mentally.

It's been roughly 3 years since you took up residence in that shrine. It was quite nice, actually, being attended to by shrine maidens for all your cleaning and cooking. Similar to how you grew up with your brothers, mainly Michikatsu.

Though it is kind of lonely outside, There is no one you can speak to. The Lord is nice, but he is ultimately afraid of you to some extent. Your head shrine maiden is also nice to speak with; however, she sees you like a boss, making your relationship not really close to a friendship.

Though the child of the Lord seems to visit you on a regular basis, Not really talking to you, but at you. But hearing his childish whims was entertaining.
***
"Miss Star! Is it true that you have no friends?"

You were too stunned to speak. Unfortunately, you can't refute that claim.

"I'm going to take that as a yes. But don't worry," he said as he sat next to your shrine curtain.
"I'll be your friend."

"Kid... I'm fine. You don't need any help."

"No no. You need friends. It must be depressing to stay in the dark."

'Someone get this kid. He is getting too much.

"Will you leave if I say sure?" You ask

"Yes!"

"Then yes, I'll be your friend. Now leave. It's not good to be near me." You respond by even slipping your hand through the curtain so you can shoo him away.

The kid proceeded to leave, and you thought it was over until he came back five minutes later.

"Why are you back?" You were annoyed at his presence.

"You never said how long I should leave for."

Once again, you were left speechless and just mentally groaned. You allowed the kid to carry on and speak to his heart's content. You were only half listening, occasionally saying 'oh yeah' or 'wow'. You even threw some 'oh really?'s in.
***
"-iss! -iss! MISS!"

Soon, you were awakened from your nap by someone shaking your body frantically.

You quickly looked up to see the person shaking you—a man with black ruffled hair and burgundy tips. His red eyes were soft and sweet. He looked a bit like

"Tanjiro?"

The name you called out seemed random to the man as he stared at you in confusion for a brief moment.