Magic Potions

''Johnny, it's time to wake up!'' Said Gyro, rusing the blankets from his friend's bed. ''Are you going to sleep all day? We need to buy more supplies!''

''Leave me alone, Gyro! The fourth stage will only start tomorrow!'' Johnny struggled. He never wanted his legs to work again as he did at that moment because that way he could kick that annoying Italian with all his gallows.

But now any chance of being able to sleep again has been ruined, as Gyro woke him up in full shouting. He stood on the bed, his eyes heavy and pain of the incipient head, that neither a cold bath nor the vivacity of Gyro during breakfast could dissipate. But he saw that he was wrong when the mild aroma of coffee alleviated the pain. Unfortunately, unwinded his mind enough to make him start thinking again about sleeping for another two or three hours.

During the journey, Johnny noticed that his friend had a voracious appetite. Now he had witnessed Gyro's will to eat some bread, pancakes, meat, eggs, and countless cups of coffee, though he constantly complained about the quality of American food. Johnny was already satisfied with two scrambled eggs and bacon.

''Where do you think we should go first?'' Gyro asked, reading the disorganized list he wrote on a dirty paper. ''We need canned food, grease, new stirrups, and a few more things.''

''Don't forget to buy a comb.'' Johnny said. ''You lost yours at the finish line, and I won't lend you mine.''

''Alright, alright...'' He grumbles. ''Listen, Johnny, I think we'd better go see (Y/N) first. She always leaves before the runners, so I think she's planning to travel today.''

''See (Y/N)? Why? We still have some medicine.''

''I'm not talking about the meds, Johnny, I want to check something.''

Sitering slowly, Johnny felt the warmth of coffee flow down his chest. He held the cup under his chin, inhaling the pleasant and bitter smell. He took a deep breath and supported his neck in the chair, shuddering slightly when he remembered the massage that (Y/N) gave him. He couldn't remember the last time a woman massaged him, and even it wasn't the same. He turned away his mind by drinking more coffee. It wasn't the same, of course, it wasn't. She was just treating an inflammation. The warmth of the arnica on his shoulders, the redness that had left, the sore grips her strained hands made. It wasn't the same, and he was ashamed that he considered it anything more than medical care.

"Listen, Johnny.'' Gyro pulled him out of his thoughts. ''When I got into her messy wagon, I saw a lot of weird papers.''

''Weird papers? What do you mean?''

''A lot of notes in Latin. I couldn't read what it was, but she hid them under the counter. Don't you think that's weird?''

''And what are you going to do?''

''Let's question her about it.'' He chewed a crispy piece of bacon, making exemplified gestures. ''Hey, (Y/N), what's your deal? What are these notes in Latin? You'd better tell us the truth... Get it?''

''Is that how we're going to interrogate her? If we scare or piss her off, she won't cooperate.''

''What do you mean? It's perfect. If we're nice, she's just going to keep hiding more secrets from us.''

''You didn't say she couldn't hide her things.''

''She's the one who asked us to tell her everything we know about the corpse, so that's more than fair.''

''Fine... you have a point.'' Johnny put the cup of coffee on the table. ''But we can't interrogate her like that. (Y/N) is like a skittish cat, you can't know if she will bite or run away. We can't forget that she's also a stand user, we don't know how strong she can be.''