Rare Mint

''I almost forgot.'' You broke a silence that had been there for a long time, handing him the map of Kansas City. ''Your map. But I think Ringo already sent the location to whoever hired him.''

''What do you mean?'' Gyro took the map.

''Inside the house... there is a birdcage, but no birds. It seems to be a pigeon, I guess.''

''So... that means that the government is on to us? Ringo already sent the information about the map with a carrier pigeon?''

''Is on to us? No, no.'' You let out a relaxed smile to cover up your anger. ''No, there's no 'us'. The government is on to you, Johnny, and maybe Hot Pants, but me? No way. I'm done with all that bullshit.''

''You're here with us, right? You are also a stand user and you were attacked by Ringo, weren't you? It's too late to try to run away, (Y/N). We're in the same boat.''

Something clicked and rumbled. It was Johnny, regaining consciousness. He spat and shook his hair to get rid of the blood and dust, groping his aching forehead. Angry, you ignored Gyro's every word. It was all ridiculous and you couldn't be involved with two men in the aim of the government.

He looked pretty good after Gyro had applied the Cream Starter to him. He looked confusedly around and took a deep breath.

''Hey, Johnny, are you better?'' The Italian waved his hand in front of his eyes.

''Yes...'' Johnny replied, looking annoyed. ''But my head still hurts.''

You listened to Johnny's complaint and felt around the floor littered with his stuff, picking up a bottle of herbs and opening it effortlessly. It was the rare mint you had bought in that French boutique, and Gyro's eyes widened, recognizing the bottle.

''Chew on some leaves, Johnny.'' You handed him the vial. ''It's a special kind of mint.''

Johnny took the vial. He had a sweet look, although he looked very upset about it all. He gently picked up a few leaves and examined them for a few seconds, smelling the sweet, resinous scent on his fingers.

''Hey, wait a minute Johnny, don't eat that.'' Gyro stopped him, with a stern voice. ''That vial... I saw it in that potion shop!''

''Potion shop? What are you talking about?''

''You ain't fooling no one, (Y/N)! We went to that French shop you were at, and we spoke to the Frenchman. He said you bought three potions! You better explain yourself!''

You smiled with furrowed brows, although you were still shaken by everything that had just happened, and looked down at the floor. Your eyelashes were still wet with tears, so you dried them. The thought that Johnny had been killed like that broke you. Tears left dirt marks on your face, and you wiped it away, laughing weakly now.

''You really think I would buy potions?''

Gyro gazes at you suspiciously.

''I don't know, but I think Johnny better not put that in his mouth.''

''Why? Johnny...'' You glared at him, placing a hand on his knee. ''It's just rare mint leaves. It's not anywhere you find it, so I bought them. Ignore Gyro, it will ease your headache.''

''Are you... are you sure?'' Johnny questioned. ''The way that Frenchman said it, these potions seem pretty weird.''

''For God's sake, it's not a potion! It's just mint leaves!''

''Yeah, yeah. You say just like the mermaids who attract fishermen with a beautiful song and take them to the bottom of the sea to become lunch.'' Gyro sneered. ''Don't let her fool you, Johnny. We still have a lot of questions to ask her!''