Missing Cats

''Gyro Zeppeli! Gyro Zeppeli! Gyro Zeppeli! The one who conquered the dreaded blizzard was Gyro Zeppeli! And following him is Johnny Joestar!''

Gyro's back started to hurt. Finally, the caller concluded the ceremony with a few more shouts. Then he withdrew and let the crowd make the rest of the noise. The Italian stretched, in the most discreet way possible, after crossing the hall full of fans next to Johnny, trying to imagine what would be served in the buffet. Distracted by these thoughts, he didn't immediately notice that Johnny had taken the opposite way from the stables, looking out into the streets with rapt attention.

''Huh?'' Gyro frowned. ''Hey, Johnny, what's the matter? The stables are on the other side.''

''I know.'' He replied without looking at his friend. ''I'm just... exploring the city.''

The mob paralysis seemed like it would never come. Gyro and Johnny heard screams all around, and kids were running up and down the street, playing in the snow. The Italian suddenly shivered, with the instability of the climate in that place, the air had gone from suffocating to cold in less than ten minutes.

''Johnny, can't we explore the city later? It's fucking cold!''

''If you want, you can go to the stables,'' he said dryly. ''I'm going to take that street.''

''Huh?! What's your problem, Johnny? Did you hit your head or something?''

''No, it's just...'' This time, Johnny looked at Gyro. ''(Y/N). She's not here. She always arrives before us.''

''Johnny... You better be joking.''

Johnny bit his tongue to quell the various comments he effervescent to the crowd and remained on his horse. Along the snow, he looked down the road. After a moment, however, he found that he couldn't bear to watch the taciturnity of the place. He gripped the reins tightly in his gloved hands, then turned to look at Gyro.

Gyro responded with a look that said "I'm too tired for this". But they barely had the prospect of settling into their hotel rooms, trudging through the main streets where commerce was busiest. They saw many officials and shopkeepers peeking anxiously down the long street, and Gyro and Johnny dismissed anyone who offered any services.

Occasionally, the sound of a wagon was audible, fading into the rush of trees, but it was never her.

''Do you think she's okay?'' Johnny asked.

''She's got two guns and an insane cat, she sure is fine.''

Johnny shook his head, watching the giant rankings board being constantly updated by a billboard painter.

''Dio is not among the top twenty... There's something wrong, Gyro, I can feel it.''

''Perhaps Dio and (Y/N) stopped to drink tea together.'' The Italian muttered through clenched teeth, filled with disdain. ''Don't worry, Johnny, I'm sure she's already here. She must just be too lazy to work today. ''

''That doesn't seem like something she would do.''

''You still think you know that woman? Stop thinking about her, Johnny, she must be planning something while she has tea with that bastard Dio. If not, she's sleeping in some hotel. Someone must have seen her.''

Gyro looked around frantically, looking for anyone who wasn't very polished and had definitely seen a lot.

''Hey, old man!'' After choosing the target, he called an old man who worked at a small newspaper stand. ''Did you happen to see that hawker with her mule? She always appears in all stages.''