Museum Tour

Knock! Knock!

Knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!

' I am warning you, Malika. Open this door right now! Your dad is leaving for his tour. Open it, otherwise, you will spend your whole summer in your room locked!' She stops knocking and dejectedly turns to leave.

The door unlocks and Her mother turns back and speaks while holding her affectionately,' Aise thoda gusse hote hai! Chalo papa ko bye kro fir hum apni mini trip plan krenge.' A smile appears on her face and She speaks in excitement,' Sachi mamma!' Her mother nods.

They reach the living room where her dad was sitting on the sofa waiting for his daughter. He looks at her excited expression, his guilt of canceling vacation was gone for now.

They both were standing outside, waving bye until the car is out of sight.

~ Next day

'Where we are going?' She asks while sitting for breakfast.

Her mom looks at her and asks in confusion,' What?'

She speaks in disappointment and rush,' Mujhe pta tha, aise he hoga.' She gets up from the place and speaks,' I am going back to my room!'

Her mom laughs and says,' I was just messing! I remember everything, we will plan something but after a week. For now, I have to complete my unfinished work. So, I can spend some time with my favorite daughter.'

She sits back and speaks,' I am your only daughter, Mom!' She starts having her breakfast.

' And yeah! You have to come with me today to my work.' She looks at Malika's expression and continues,' I promised my neighbors that I will take care of the kid and take her to the museum for the change of environment but due to my workload, I won't be able to take care of her. So, get ready and help your mother.' She speaks the last line while getting up.

~ At her mother's office

'But she doesn't even talk to me! How I am gonna spend my whole day with her!? You saw it, she didn't even respond to my questions. I Don't want to babysit her!' She speaks while walking after her mother who is finding a file from the file rack.

She goes to her seat and speaks,' Be a sweetheart and do it for the trip! Just imagine it's professional work and you are a guide.'

After listening to her mother, she goes out with a tired face. She goes towards the person who is waiting outside.

She goes to her with a smile and takes her and starts explaining to her everything they were looking at.

They reached the last section of the museum where only staff members were allowed and the newest old stuff was kept there! She without bothering about the warning goes inside, she looks at Karishma who didn't came.

She speaks,' Come! My mom works here.'

They both go inside and Malika start looking at the stuff which was new for her. Karishma also starts exploring the place and her steps stop in front of a huge portrait.

She keeps looking at the portrait. Malika also comes and looks at the portrait.

Karishma speaks for the first time,' What's their story?'

Before she could reply to her, A voice break their trance,' I thought visitors are not allowed here.'

They both look towards him and she speaks' My mom works here!' His expression doesn't change and awkward silence prevailed.

Her mother's voice came,' Where you both went!? I was looking for you both. It's lunchtime.'

He speaks,' So, these Little girls were not lying!'

Her mother looks at him and smiles. She speaks,' Prof. Rehmat, it's great meeting you. Huge fan of your work.' She forwards her hand to shake hands and he takes it and speaks,' Thank you Mrs....'

'Mrs. Vanya Rehal'

He nods and speaks,' And these both are your daughter?' Vanya smiles and nods her head sideways and introduce them,' This is my daughter, Malika and this little angel is my neighbor's daughter, Karishma.'

He speaks astonishingly,' Seriously!'

Vanya ignores his weird reaction and speaks,' I hope they didn't disturb you. We will leave now.' She signs both of them to follow her. They all were going to leave the section.

He speaks,' One minute Vanya. I hope I can call you that!' They all turn towards him and Vanya nods and he continues,' Actually, They had a few questions about the portrait which I would like to give them answers of! Definitely, if you won't mind!'

Vanya replies,' Of course, prof. It would be great!' She pushes them forward to make them ask him.

He goes and bent down a little in front of Karishma and speaks,' So, What did you want to know about them?' Karishma in a feeble voice asks,' Who are they?'

He stands up and goes in front of the portrait and speaks,' She is the person whose name got lost in the history books. She was an early freedom fighter and made and led many organizations against the British. She was going to be the queen but unfortunately, she couldn't become a queen. Her name is Haseena Malik. With her is Katherine Barclay.'

Malika speaks,' She is Indian, toh unka name English kyu!'

He smiles at her curiosity and speaks,' Yes, She was an Indian. She got adopted at a very young age by a British couple. So, She grew up in England.'

Malika again asks,' So, what she is doing in this portrait? Why she came to India then? What happened between them? Did Katherine became queen? Or did she came as an agent to keep an eye on the activity of Indians against the British?'

Rehmat looks at Vanya and smiles,' She's a curious kid!' Before Vanya could say anything, Malika speaks,' Actually sir, I got a History project in which I have to write about a person exactly like Haseena Malik.' She looks at the portrait and continues,' I can feel that there is a story behind the portrait.' She again looks toward him and continues,' If you could guide me, I would like to make my project on them.'

He thinks for a while and speaks,' Actually, my new book is devoted to them only but it's not published yet! There's still a lot of research I have to do and confirm. But I guess the content in the book will be enough for you to make your History Project. This is the least I could do for my fan's daughter.' He flashes a smile to Vanya.