Unknown Emotions

[ Recap- Shortly after sending Zaheed away, annual political celebration of art is taking place, whole palace is indulged in working to prepare for the event. ]

It was night and the sky was clear and shining brightly. Almost, all the guests have arrived and from the next day, most of the activities will start.

Haseena was wearing a white lehenga, loose hair, and no jewelry. She was wearing a nose ring and draped no dupatta. She was sitting in the outer space of her room, admiring the sky and enjoying the peace.

She is someone who likes to work and serve but doesn't want any credits. She rarely gets involved in any situation prior to her duties. From a young age only, she was made to limit herself and not get too close to people.

As she had to greet all the people, she wanted to relax her mind and enjoy nature.
She hears the sound of the door opening and decides to not speak and make her presence known.

Karishma enters the room and looks here and there. She calls her name a few times but no response so she decides to go from there and ask Neerjah.

Haseena was mentally prepared to let her go and meet her in the morning. But somehow her mind betrayed her. As she was about to open the door, Haseena called her " Karishma "

Karishma turns and asks,' Aap kahan ho?'

Haseena waves and says,' Dekiye idhar!'

Karishma astonishingly goes toward that place and speaks,' Aap wahan kya kr rhi hai?' Haseena just shrugs her shoulders and nods sideways. She continues,' Hum bhi wahan atte hai!' She gets over the window-like opening with a little struggle because of her gown and jumps to the other side.

Haseena smiles proudly and says,' Mujhe nhi lga the aap aa payenge humare pass, idhar.' She goes sit back to her place and Karishma sits beside her.

She again speaks,' Apko bura nhi lagte?' While watching the sky.

Karishma looking at her, says,' Kis baat ka?'

Haseena shifts her gaze from the sky to her face and says,' Aap jab se yahan ayi hai humari wajah se apke kapde kharab ho jate hai!' Karishma furrows her brows and she continues, ' Woh jab aap unh ladkiyaon ke saath thi aur jab kapde bachane the pakshiyo se aur fir phool lagne waqat kuch din pehle ki baat aur aaj...'

Karishma lowers her gaze and says, 'Nhi, hume bura nhi lge lekin shayad lgna chaiye the.' Haseena again looks at sky and says,' Ha, shayad!' They remain silent for a while, Haseena keeps gazing at the star and Karishma keeps staring at her.

Haseena suddenly asks,' Aap hume aise kyu dekh rhi hai?' And then looks toward her.

Karishma feels out of words and starts looking here and there. She stutters,' Woh...aap....sab cheezon...se...chamkti hai.' Haseena makes a weird face, not understanding a single word coming out of her mouth, and says,' Kya?'

Karishma speaks,' You are brightest of all the stars. There's something in you that shines even in darkness. So, I am just happy that you are here.' Haseena was admiring her face when she tries to explain her and smiles softly.

Haseena speaks,' cheezon ko hum uljaatein hai lekin aap toh humse bhi do kadam aage nikli.' Karishma looks into her eyes, finding the truth behind her words or maybe just finding the right words to respond her.

A slow breeze of air touches them, making Haseena's hair strands fall upon her face. Karishma moves her hand towards her face and she carefully removes them from her face. Her finger caresses her nose and then her cheeks while removing the hair from her face. She put her other hand at the back holding them and setting them.

Haseena would never allow someone to get this close to her. In her mind, she knew it was inappropriate but she craved it more from the moment Karishma forwards her hand to help her.

Next day ~

Karishma was sitting in her room, getting ready to attend today's activities. She seemed a little off and Rosilia noticing her, asked,' Miss, Are you fine?

Karishma coming out of her thoughts, speaks,' Indeed!' She starts wearing gloves and thinks,' She advised me to attend when she didn't come!'

Before activities, Haseena met Karishma, She tries her best to look normal as if nothing bothers her. Haseena mentally scans the hallway and says,' Hum aye nhi kyunki hume lga aap nirash ho jayengyi.'

Karishma gets shocked and says,' Kya matlab, hum samjhe nhi?'

Haseena holding her smile, speaks,' Subha ki baat kr rhe hai...'

Karishma knew she could not deny it and while making a puppy face, asked,' Apko kaise pta?'

Haseena looking towards her speaks,' Apka chehra sab bta dete hai!'

Karishma remembers her words and again asks,' Kya matlab ki hum nirash ho jayengye?'

Neerjah comes and nods indicating it's time to go. Haseena speaks while moving forward,' Chaliye!' Karishma sprints to get closer to her as she is faster than her and she again repeats her words. Haseena with a serious face says, Apne jo socha the pehle, ki hum sab bina kapde...'

Karishma lowers her gaze in embarrassment and gets a little behind her to save herself from her gaze. Haseena would have laughed and made fun of her but she couldn't because she had to maintain her Malika Image.

The event started with the speech of Gratitude and many activities were being performed at the same time which were divided to each party. Haseena was immediately surrounded by people greeting her and she got busy in the pleasantries. This event will take for two days and on the third day with a celebration of the success of the event it will be ended. Within the coming two or three days, everything will be back to normal.

She stood under a temporary roof and watched people showing the art of spears. She unknowingly looks towards Karishma standing at the corner. Everything surrounding her went blur, air seemed heavier to breathe, looking at her moving hand fan faintly shoving air at her chest area, those drop of sweat flowed from her head to her face, traveling through the edge of her jaw and finally when it reached its endpoint. Karishma wipes her chin with a handkerchief and a sudden horn from the middle of ground breaks her trance and she immediately turns her face.