°1°

Every night, the hybrids would come out to hunt us. We used to be like a small city, but now there are only a handful of us left. We are not humans, but we are not witches. We all have powers, but we can't protect us from the evil creatures... They forbided us.
The past week, Klaus and Elijah, two of the originals, have been here, hunting with the hybrids, and they have shown no mercy.
We all went to the circle drawn on the ground, and once we heard sounds, we ran as fast as we could. The hybrids would catch 5 of us and torture them and then eat them. I've never been caught.
The game had and rules... we could not go to our houses to hide. Even if the five were caught and you were in your house, they would find a way to destroy the house and kill you. So you just could run until the morning sun rise so you could come back and live without fear for a few hours...
The sun set, and we all were ready to our positions. I was taking deep breaths to calm me down, waiting for the sound to be heard so we could start running. And the sound was heard...
I run and run and run like it depended on my life because it did. But I was exhausted, and I knew I could not run for long. At this time,the best option was to get caught to end this misery, but again, I would not like to be tortured. I stopped for a second to catch my breath. And I heard...sirens ? Like ambulance sirens? That was definitely not normal. I heard someone coming, and I panicked. They were coming to get me for sure! I closed my eyes and prayed to be a hybrid that had a heart at least. Rarely, they showed mercy and killed you instantly, and I hoped they would today. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I flinched hard.
" We found another one," the voice shouted. I had tears in my eyes by now.
" I'm gonna need you to tell me if you feel any pain or if you need us to carry you to the ambulance." I snapped my eyes open. They weren't the hybrids? I turned around and it was a doctor. I let the air come out of my lungs cause I'm sure I was holding my breath this hole time.
" No, I am fine, just tired and out of breath." The doctor nodded and then led me to an ambulance that would take me out of there. Finally,  they would save us!  I thought to myself.

Oh boy, I was so wrong....