°22°

⚠️Small chapter warning ⚠️

We made it to New Orleans a couple hours after everything, and I had to admit...he was right. It was amazing! It was a city full of life! It had its own unique beauty. Plus, the house we would be staying with was huge.
I made myself comfortable in one of the rooms, unpacking the little things I had and just enjoying the peace for a while.
Then there was a soft knock on my door. I was sitting reading a book I found, not really wanting to be social right now, but I couldn't shelp feel curious to see if it was him.
"Come in."
Klaus opened the door. He gave me a small smile before explaining why he was here.
"I just wanted to let you know a party will be held tonight downstairs and I want you to come and meet the rest of my family and friends.It's more like a ball than a party. Fancier, i dare to say."
I nodded a little, hesitant. It sounded fun because I've never been to a ball before, but it's not how I wanted to spend tonight.
" What is it? Something's bothering you."
He asked, seeing through me, but I wasn't in the mood to share my concerns. If Kol was there, I definitely didn't want to be there with them. And then what if the rest of his family was exactly like Kol. I didn't want to be around any of them either. Imagine having more Kols insulting and attacking you!
"Nothing, I'll be there." I mumbled.
" Y/n, just tell me." He said with a sight. He came closer but didn't sit at the bed, keeping a distance between us.
I looked at him, still unsure what to do.
" Is it Kol? Because if it is I can assure you he won't be joining us."
I huge weight lifted of me but I still had my doubts.
" Yeah,Kol was. I'm fine, though. If he won't be there then I can come ."
I gave him a fake smile, and he nodded, but I'm not sure I convinced him.
"Wear something nice, okay?"
I laughed sligtly and nodded. But it hit me. What would I wear? Like the past months, I've only been wearing sweatpants, hoodies, and oversized t-shirts. Nothing ever had required me to dress up.
" Do I have time to go buy something, maybe? Otherwise, my options are limited."
He looked at me, amused, seeing me in panic for some clothes must've looked funny.
"I don't think there's time, but I'm sure my sister could lend you something."
After mentioning his sister, I gulped, but I don't think he noticed. I've had enough meetings with death the past few days. I surely didn't want to meet him again.

A/N

I know it's not a great chapter, but I had to update, so that came out. It's small and maybe badly written, but I promise the next chapters are gonna be much better, and I've planned so many things. Hope they make up for this one♡