𝟕| 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

CHAPTER SEVEN:

SHIP

AS THE SUN rises up in the early morning, Sam Wilson jogs down a sidewalk on a bridge, going at his own pace as he was by himself

AS THE SUN rises up in the early morning, Sam Wilson jogs down a sidewalk on a bridge, going at his own pace as he was by himself. However, another presence comes running up from behind him, their fast footsteps ringing through his ears.

"On your left." Steve Rogers states in a pant as he sprints past the man.

~

Sam now jogs past a giant lake on one side, a large building on the other.

"On your left." Steve pants, running past him again.

Sam hums. "On my left. Got it."

~

Now in a park, Sam continues jogging when he hears Steve's footsteps coming up behind him...

On his left.

"Don't say it. Don't you say it." Sam warns.

"On your left." Steve repeats.

"Come on!" Sam exclaims as he tries to keep up with the super soldier, but stops halfway, out of breath.

~

"Need a medic?" Steve asks as he walks up to Sam, who leaned against a tree trunk.

Sam chuckles. "I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran, like, thirteen miles in thirty minutes."

"I guess I got a late start." Steve responds.

"Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." Sam motions around the park. "Did you just take it? I assume you just took it."

"What unit you with?" Steve questions, motioning to his sweatshirt.

"58th Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." Sam informs before holding his hand up. "Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers." Steve replies, helping the man up to his feet.

"I kind of put that together." Sam observes. "Must have freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing."

"It takes some getting used to." Steve replies. "It's good to meet you, Sam."

"It's your bed, right?" Sam questions before the blonde could leave.

"What's that?" Steve asks.

"Your bed, it's too soft." Sam repeats. "When I was over there, I'd sleep on the ground, use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..."

"Lying on a marshmallow." Steve nods his head, finishing the sentence. "Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor. How long?"

"Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?" Sam questions.