𝟐𝟐| 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:

GOING BACK UNDER

THE TRIO SAT in silence in the Quinjet, Bucky and Y/n sitting side by side, hand in hand as Steve sat in front of them, driving the Quinjet

THE TRIO SAT in silence in the Quinjet, Bucky and Y/n sitting side by side, hand in hand as Steve sat in front of them, driving the Quinjet. After a few hours, that had made it into Siberia, now flying their way to the HYDRA base.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky suddenly asks, breaking the silence.

Steve let's out a small sigh. "Whatever it is... I'll deal with it."

Y/n glances at her beloved, Bucky doing the same. The two partners exchange a small look before Y/n looks back at her lap.

"I don't know if we're worth all this, Steve." Y/n admits.

"What you two did all those years... It wasn't you two. You guys didn't have a choice." Steve replies.

Y/n nods. "I know. But we did it."

Eventually, after about another hour or so, Steve lands the Quinjet on a mountain, the HYDRA base in front of them as snow laid all around and in the air. Bucky and Y/n stood up, walking towards a cubby, where Bucky opens it, both grabbing a gun for themselves. After that, the trio found themselves standing side by side as the hatch opens in front of them.

"You guys remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve questions.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asks.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for me." Y/n recalls, making Bucky chuckle, smiling at her.

"And eventually, I did." Bucky reminds.

The three share a small chuckle before Steve puts on his helmet as they walk out into the snow. The wind and snow blow through Bucky and Y/n's hair as they stop in front of the HYDRA base, seeing the entrance of it wide open.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." Steve informs.

"Long enough to wake them up." Y/n states.

The trio walk inside, soon walking into an elevator, where they proceed to head down. Eventually, the elevator stops, the three walking out, Bucky and Y/n having their guns raised as Steve held his shield tightly.

They begin walking up a small staircase, only to come to a halt, turning right back around when a loud thudding sound is heard. Creaking is heard as they wait patiently, the couple aiming their guns forward, Steve holding his shield up. Suddenly, the doors open, revealing Tony in his Iron-Man suit. Steve begins walking towards him, Tony doing the same as his helmet disappears.

"You seem a little defensive." Tony observes.

Steve nods slightly. "It's been a long day."

"At ease, Soldiers. I'm not currently after you two." Tony calls to Bucky and Y/n, who keep their guns raised.